Crown Princess Cruise Review by D-Town: Leap X the Pond & Romantic Interlude

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Transatlantic Cruises

Leap X the Pond & Romantic Interlude

Sail Date: April 2009
Destination: Transatlantic

Our adventure got off to a rocky start. We utilized Princess air. They routed us from Dallas at 5:45am to Atlanta for a (4hr lay-over). We went to Miami and were bused to Ft. Lauderdale. Total travel time ten hours for a flight form DFW that would have taken less than three.
We were some of the last passengers to embark at 4pm.  We got to our cabin C243 just in time for the muster drill.
Once on board, the Crown,however,  I must say ...she's a beauty !
My wife & I sailed the Celebrity Summit, last fall for 14 days in the Med. Trust me the Crown was superior to the Summit in every way! Cabins, cleanliness, Pools, public areas, MUTS, gym, atrium, pool food, shops etc...

Cabin: We selected a forward veranda and the room was very well appointed, clean and functional. My only complaint would be the size of the shower. It was small. One tip on the 10th deck the balcony areas are larger than on the 11th.
Another thing, I was under the impression that all More the Crown's cabins were refited with the plush bedding. Not, so.
It must be the cabins above veranda class. Ask for a waffle pad for your bed on arrival. They go fast.
Only drawback is that about 50% is exposed to the deck above.

Entertainment: typical  cruise production, good comics and bands, atrium entertainment was great.

Food: Make no mistake, food on the Crown is excelent! Executive Chef, Giuseppe Pollara, has won 'best in fleet' for five years and it shows.Didn't eat at the premium Sabatini's or Crown Grill, ( no need food was that good in the dining room) but, others told me that they were execeptional. Much superior dining experience compared to the Summit offering

Crew: Staff was efficient & motivated. Under the direction of veteran Captain, Andy Proctor and the best hotel Director I've ever encounted, Mr. James Deering.Cabin stewart was very accomodating to our requests.

Ports: We completed a back-to-back so the real action was on the 2nd leg.
Ponta Delgada : Nice and small  Lisbon delighful , friendly, good food.. Seville-R. Alcazar & the church stunninly beautiful. Casalanca-Forgetaboutit Only thing of beauty is the Grand Mosque. Gibraltar-Great English fun-Don't miss the caves and apes. Barcelona - One of the finest stops in Europe, don't miss the Monstrat monestary. Amazing!
Marseille- a real gem and gateway to Provence. Livorno-Cinque Terre fabulous! Malta-terrific, old port and finally Naples-Had private van tour of the Almalfi coast including stops in Positano & Ravella. Magnificent.

The Crown Princess reputation as being unstable at sea is unjustified. We experienced 2 rough days at sea on the crossing and she was fine. Complaints stem from passengers who have never been on Transatlantic nor in the North Sea. I highly recommend the Crown Princess. Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess C243

C243 great cabin but shower is tiny

Terrific in every way history, beauty, culture and very friendly

Excelent port of call  food, history and very welcoming
Read 281 Lisbon Reviews

Very old , well preserved and historical

A  real suprise. For a huge port town it's very accessable. Gateway to Provence...

(5.5)
Naples is the gaeway to the Almalfi Coast. Truly, one of the most beautiful drives in the world. Sorrento, Capri, Positano, Ravello....Oh, my!

Read 647 Naples Reviews

Sicily is magical. The Greek monuments are impressive and the landscape is spectacular!