Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cubsfan07: Carnival Pride in Baltimore

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Pride in Baltimore

Sail Date: May 2009
Embarkation: Baltimore

I am a 28-year-old female, who booked this cruise to get away. This was my 6th cruise (5th on Carnival.) I will never go on a different cruise line. There are so many things that I like about Carnival Cruise Lines (plus I want to reach Platinum status - I am halfway there). I booked this cruise on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore because it was going to three ports of call that I had not been to yet. We flew down to Baltimore from Chicago the day before the cruise. We were originally going to drive but about a week before the cruise. I found airfare real cheap so it was an easy decision to choose to fly. We usually go on our annual cruise vacation in January or February but I wanted to wait a little longer this year for different ports of call.

We stayed at the Microtel Inn and Suites in Linthicum Heights, MD the night before the cruise. This was a nice hotel with a nice breakfast. We left the hotel on Sunday morning around 11:30 am in order to get to the cruise ship More on time for debarkation. We arrived at the Port of Baltimore by 12:00 pm. Debarkation was a joke. We got checked-in pretty quick but then we sat in the terminal waiting for our number to be called. We didn't get onboard until 2:30 pm so the wait was a little too long (this was only the third sailing out of Baltimore so they are still trying to work out all of the kinks). This will only improve with time. As we were walking to our seats in the terminal a fellow passenger asked me, "We're you on the Carnival Victory last year in April." We were I said back to him. He remembered me from the Sports Trivia contests on the Carnival Victory. The weird part of this whole story is that they live only 45 minutes from us - it is a small world.

The Carnival Pride was a beautiful - my Dad thought the decor was a little distasteful but you got used to it. My favorite hang out spot was the Perfect Game Bar - I am a sports buff and they had Sports Trivia everyday in there. A big shoutout to my guy Steven (a Carnival Pride Social Host). That was a lot of fun!! I won two "24 Karat Ships on a Stick." Anytime I can beat the guys at sports trivia is fun for me. The Carnival Pride production shows are not to be missed - the singers and dancers were amazing. I can't believe that someone has that much energy. It is people like these singers and dancers that will keep me coming back to Carnival. We ad dinner every night in the Normandie Dining Room. Our waiters Raolo and Narcisso were amazing and Christina had my diet coke waiting for me every night when I went in to dinner. They knew you by name after the first night.

We had a Balcony Cabin on Empress Deck in the Aft part of the ship. It was nice having a balcony again because we spent a lot of time out there relaxing and watching the ocean go by. What a way to spend a vacation!!! I can't wait to go again next year!!! Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Empress 6293

Balcony Cabin. We spent a lot of time on the Balcony with great views of the Ocean.

If you have been to Nassau, Bahamas - then Freeport, Bahamas is pretty much the same. A lot of the same stuff. We didn't book a shore excursion through the cruise ship because there wasn't really anything that interested me. So many people that I had talked to said that there wasn't a lot to see or do in Freeport so I didn't have high expectations. When we got off the ship, we shopped around in the straw market that is right next to the cruise ship pier. I think I am still hearing those ladies saying, "T-shirts are one for $4.00 or three for $10.00." Oh My God that got real annoing real fast. We got some souvenirs for family and friends at home. Once we did our shopping, we went to the taxi stand to see about taking an island tour. We met up a taxi driver, who would take us around the island on a tour for 2 hours. This was pretty much all we wanted to do because I wanted to get some pictures of the island and see some of the sights. We agreed on a price of $75.00 for the two of us for two hours plus the best part about it was that we were by ourselves. This is the only way to do an island tour - don't book these through the cruise ship. You can find a much better deal once you get off the cruise ship. You can buy a lot of souvenirs in Freeport for not a lot of money and the shop owners are willing to negotiate so don't be afraid to haggle with them. I got a t-shirt in Freeport that reads, "Same Shit....Different Island." This is so fitting.

Read 775 Freeport Reviews

I really enjoyed this port of call. The number one reason that I enjoyed it was because of the Margaritaville that is located right next to the Cruise Ship Terminal. We didn't book a shore excursion in this port of call. I just wanted to shop around in the Cruise Center shops and relax. The shopping in this port was pretty good - especially if you compare the shopping to the other two ports of call that we stopped at. We went to Ron Jon Surf Shop, Del Sol, Piranha Joe, and of course the Margaritaville Trading Post to do some shopping. I did some shopping for myself and got a few gifts for friends at home. I wasn't sure what to expect in Grand Turk but I was pleasantly surprised. After we did our shopping, we went to the Margaritaville pool. I didn't know that there was such a nice pool there but it was sooo nice and it was free to swim there. We stayed there and swam around for about 4 hours and a few Strawberry Margaritas. There is no way that you can go to a Margaritaville and not have a Margaritaville. That just wouldn't be right. The swimming pool was huge and it was surprising because it wasn't busy at all. We watched a few of the funny contests that they had and met some new friends. I would definitely go back to Grand Turk!!!!