Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by crusin

Cabin Category: 8a
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean
This was my 13th 7 night cruise, and my 4th with Carnival, and it will be my last.

We arrive at the port around 11:00am. There wasn't any long lines yet, so that was good. It took longer getting our picture taken then anything. The rooms wasn't ready yet, so we started exploring the ship trying to find our way around. When we decided to go to the buffet for lunch around 12:30, it took us about 20 minutes in line to get to the food. The food was the worst food I have ever had on a cruise. I mainly only ate a salad. All the meat was tough as shoe leather. The desserts were very cheap desserts. Example sponge cake with different flavors everyday, jello, cookies, and cheesecake (cheap).

The Decor of the ship was okay. All the public bathrooms all had broken toilets. Especially the restroom besides all four bars. In the ladies room there were 6 toilets and 4 was broken. It was that way all over the ship.

One of the worst things on the ship was that there was 1200 Cuban Americans on the ship, and they reserved a lot of entertainment area for them only. The Disco was reserved for them I think 4 out of 7 nights for Lula Party and etc.

Carnival is saving a lot of money on entertainment. The first night all there was to do was play bingo, and the entertainment was the cruise director talking, and getting people on the stage to play the spoon game. That was it. The second night was a broadway show with only two singers (all the other ships had four singers) So there was a lot of fake singing from the dancers, the show was okay. The third night we had a magician who was okay his girl dancer was better than the ship dancers. Don't stay up for his all adult show at midnight, it only last about 10 minutes. The next night's entertainment was the passenger talent show only other than bingo and karaoke. The next night was a broadway show. The first half was bad, but it did get better. The last night was a Motown singer who was excellent. At the bars there was a group called Too Slick, they were excellent but they were there last week, because they decided to make that bar Karaoke every night. (Yuk) The sing a long piano player last name rock, was good too. If it wasn't for those two bars there would have been nothing to do. Since we don't gamble.

Food was horrible. At night in the dining room was okay. It didn't matter for breakfast if you went to the dining room or buffet, it was still horrible. Every time my husband ordered a omelet it came out black. I ordered eggs benedict and only rec'd one, anywhere I have ever been I rec'd 2. One morning in the dining room we were told we could not have any eggs because the grill was broken. So we just started ordering a continental breakfast in our room. Whenever you went to the buffet, grill, deli, or pizza place there was always a 20 minute wait. I never rec'd a good breakfast or lunch at the buffet. If you like burnt hamburger go to the grill, the hot dog was good (but who wants to wait 20 minutes for a hot dog, plus who goes on a cruise to eat a hot dog). The pizza was not great, but the line was shorter and better tasting than the buffet. The deli was good, but the lines were very long. At dinner they rush you. I didn't like the waiter and busboy entertainment dancing on the tables.

Our room was very small to have a balcony room. The guest that had an outside room had a larger room. We are non smokers and every time we go on our balcony the cigarette and cigar smoke would knock you down. We had more closet and drawers space then any ship we have been on.

There was really no entertainment by the pool. Volleyball game two different days, and a hairy chest contest one day. The band different play everyday by the pool.

In San Juan we just walk around Old San Juan, and walk to the fort. It was a nice night, and we just enjoyed the walk. In St Thomas we took a taxi to the ferry and went to St John (my favorite island) we rented a car, and went to the other side of the island and went to some of the most beautiful beaches you have ever been, and there's no one over there, the one beach there was only six people there, and the snorkeling was great. In St Maarten we did the Sailboat Regatta Racing that was are second time doing it, and we will do it again. We love it. Then afterward we went to the beach on the french side. The islands was great

It was the first time that I wanted to go home early on a cruise. I will be cruising again, but not on Carnival.

Publication Date: 07/09/04