Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Stryger1

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Stryger1
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: Stryger1
Cruise Date: May 2009
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: I
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Poor Communication
I'm glad most everyone had a good time and I'm sorry I missed everyone at the meet and mingle. RCCL failed to provide me with a notice as to where and when the M&M would be and it was over just before I thought to ask about it. In addition, one of the excursions I booked through RCCL was canceled but I was never notified. I found out when there was no one to greet me at the pier for it (I was the only person who signed up for it). They also did not have me on the list for a transfer from the airport to the ship, even though I had booked it several weeks before departure. There were a couple of other things I was dissatisfied with. Sigh...

I know that some people would consider these things minor, but to me it meant that my "stress free get away" had a fair amount of stress in it. There were a few other things that I'm not mentioning right now. All of this put a serious damper on the trip for me. Holland America didn't get any of these things wrong when I cruised with them in 2006 to Alaska. To top it off, I also never received a satisfaction survey or copy of my bill in my cabin prior to departure. I intend to contact RCCL to express my deep displeasure.

I *did* enjoy many things about the cruise. The waiter staff in the all of the locations were very attentive to my needs and there was no lack of choices for things to do aboard ship. The new departure process they used was great. Having said that, I feel that my money would have been better spent elsewhere. My final analysis is that I greatly enjoyed parts of the cruise, but I was greatly frustrated and irritated by other aspects.

I may or may not cruise with them again.

Publication Date: 05/21/09