Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by islandman444: Freedom from the Seas

0 Forum Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

Freedom from the Seas

Sail Date: May 2009

I recently spent 8 days visiting the western carribean on Freedom of the seas. After returning to work, someone asked "How were the ships activities?" I then realized that we had only causually participated in activities on the ship and after some thought it occured to me that the primary reason that we stayed in our room was the ships ambience. This ship is a floating disaster in decor and the staterooms are a welcome relief from the chaos. Obviously the ships decor designer was exacting some kind of revenge on the ships owners. Like the guy that tryed to catch his shoe on fire and now makes us all remove our shoes before flying, this ships designer will forever make me think of obscene sea sickness when I travel on other cruises. Assuming he hasnt already gone completly MAD, whoever decorated this ship should be placed in a large kalidescope with blinking lights as a backdrop. I am planning a trip on Grandeur of the seas as an antidote.
Both More the ports of call and food were little compensation to the hideous ship decor.

I read other reviews before sailing on the Freedom, and thought why all the discussion on decor...Now I know!

This ship is offensive to the seas it sails. Carnival should gut this baby! Less

Published 05/20/09

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review:

Cabin is OK, just stay out of the public areas!

Skip X