Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by cincicruisers

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by cincicruisers
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: cincicruisers
Cruise Date: May 2009
Cabin Category: D1

Liberty Love at first sight!
Traveling
Me - 44 Divorced Female
Son - 24
Daughter - 21

Pre Cruise Hotel - Wyndam Miami Airport - Hotel was fine but I can't recommend because the food and drink was $$$$$$$$$  and there was no other choice since it was not near anything.  Rooms were fine, pool was nice.

My room 9340 D1 (Just myself in this room) - Totally awesome. My favorite room so far. (even better than 1100 on the Radiance. Great location, no noise, balcony large with two chairs, table, and a lounge chair. Great service from room serward

Kids room 8309 Promanade
Nice location, close to mine. the room steward was a hoot. My daughter had every available service covered with cloths. He dressed up their towel anamals each night.

Ship overall
Clean, friendly staff, large ship, not many chair hogs, great pramanade.

Shore excursions (all thru RCCL, I travel without a male partner and do not wish to do on my own)
Dolphin encounter - fantastic
Dunns Falls - been there many times, kids first time they were amazed. (remember to bring water shoes)
Helicopter tour in Grand Cayman - AMAZING
Jet skies - great fun in Labadee, too calm in Coco Cay, but still fun
Zip line - Awesome
Thriller boat - great, with snorkel stops and just a great ride

First night - dining room - was ok, nothing fantastic. Did meet nice family from canada on thier first cruise.
Second night- had jonny rockets and snacks downstairs - great
Third night - Chops - Not as good as the Radiance Class
Fourth night - Portifinos - unbelievable good. made another reservation for last night
Fifth night- windjammer - relaxing, daughter loves the sushi
Sixth night- had a late room service as we watched movie and had some snacks in my room
Last night - Portifinos - just fantastic

(I did leave dinner at Portifinos the last night to go down and tip the waiters in the dining room. The couple on thier first cruise was having a great time)

Shows
Ice Show- Very Very good- the guest performers from circus were the most amazing ever. We went twice

In the air - Very good

Welcome aboard - very funny (my daughter was on stage)

Late night comedy - almost peed my pants so funny

Piano bar- great as always

Spa

I had a manacure / pedicure - was very relaxing

Daughter had a facial and she loved it

Bingo
Here is my negative- Worst bingo caller in all my cruises.(anna bananna) - she was so boring I almost fell asleep.  Other passengers I talked to felt the same so we met up and played some cards during some of the bingo times for fun.   I only play bingo when I cruise, but she was so boring I skipped it a few times. My daughter did win in one game about 100.

Quest
Funny as always, not to be missed

Love and Marriage
Just a fun fun time, no matter how many times you go it is different

Great weather the whole time. Coco Cay was very hot so we did not stay as long. Not as much shade as labadee.  Coco Cay water is just beautiful.  Dont forget your water shoes if you go to Labadee, there are quite a few rocks.

Casino
I won this cruise. I play high limits (for those on this cruise I was the double triple lady who kept winning) great stafff in casino and the slots were good to me this trip.

Great cruise and cant wait to head on the next one. No one spoke of swine flu or other negatives. Just had a wonderful week and enjoyed every minute of the trip.

Happy cruising!