Maasdam Cruise Review by Kenato: 14 Days of Relaxation and being totally Cared For

Kenato
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Maasdam Southern Caribbean Cruises

14 Days of Relaxation and being totally Cared For

Sail Date: April 2009
Destination: Southern Caribbean

I have the following Good, Bad and Ugly comments on the trip. First let me say that my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it and would sail HAL again any time, especially on the Maasdam

THE UGLY.....sorry but there was one item, the aft pool on the last couple of days was disgusting and not fit to swim in.

THE BAD.....Disembarkation was not the smooth process we were led to believe it would be with long lines and little progress.
                 Pity we stopped in San Juan on a Monday when all the public museums and many attractions were closed but I realize that is a factor of leaving on Friday.
                 Why two stops in St. Lucia? Those not taking the ships tour had to be back on board too early so we could go to second port to pick up ship's excursion guests. We did a trip and saw both ports but More had to cut trip short to be back in time for early departure. St. Lucia is too nice to rush.

THE GOOD......Food, service. cleanliness were all excellent. I have to agree with others that say the Maasdam has one of the friendliest crews. Food in the Dining Room and Lido was good and when you reckon what you are spending/day was excellent. (and yes, there are still trays in the Lido). Entertainment was not bad with a couple of good comedians and the singers and dancers put on a respectable show. We spoiled ourselves and had a balcony suite that we really enjoyed. Plenty of room and it was nice to sit out on occasion with a cold drink. Plenty of room for clothes etc.and we loved our animal friends left each night by the stewards.

We only did two excursions through HAL and they were good. The ones we booked independently were also excellent.

As I said we enjoyed the total experience. Less

Read more Maasdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Maasdam Review >>

Cabin review: Maasdam Verandah Suite Verandah

Accra/Rockley Beach was beautiful

Read 704 Barbados Reviews

High water in Rivers put paid to our tubing excursion but was substituted by a great Island tour. Beautiful island

Read 491 Dominica Reviews

Pity we arrived on Monday when many attractions are closed

Read 1365 San Juan Reviews

Favourite stop. We loved this beautiful island and the great tour we arranged with Cosol. Stop was too short as ship left early to pick up passengers on ship arranged excursion in Soufriere

Weather interfered with our sailing/snorkeling day....too windy. Still had a great day on Island Girl and independently booked trip
Read 2332 St. Thomas Reviews