“Bella!”
Cruise review of MSC Orchestra

SophisticatedGal MSC Orchestra 5 Bella!
SophisticatedGal
Member Since 2009
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We had a fabulous time!
This line is really for people who enjoy an Italian style vacation or would like to experience it.

We paid $500 per person  for inside cabins and were upgraded to balconies on the 11th floor for free.  We loved every minute of this vacation.  It was worth every penny and felt very sophisticated.   My husband and I have traveled throughout Europe and really enjoy getting to know people from other places, if that doesn't interest you, you might not enjoy this cruise.  If you don't like gourmet Italian, you might also want to reconsider.

Things you need to know:
1. The staff takes a great deal of pride in their ship and their work.  Spotless!
2.  This is an Italian/European style vacation.  The best dishes are Italian stylenot American style.  Amazing sauces, the lobster is a Mediterranean Lobster (tastes more like a giant prawn).
3. In typical European style, they stick to the rules, and if you educate yourself prior to traveling you will have an easier time knowing what is going on where. (Ex. our first night we saw a guy yelling at the staff because he wanted to swim after they closed down the poolit was already empty and he wanted them to bring him a drink to the empty pool...)
4. Get to know the staff, they were absolutely excellent and very appreciative of compliments.
5. Go to the showsthey are really good.
6. Staff is gracious and efficient and busy.

My only complaint is that negativity is contagious and when I saw Americans complaining about stupid mundane things I found it embarrassing.  I wanted to say please get over yourself, you are in the Caribbean on a spotlessly clean beautiful ship, drinking an inexpensive but delicious Mai Tai, and eating gourmet Italian cuisine.  Have fun.

MSC Orchestra Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Bal
Beautiful, great storage, well appointed.
Published 05/12/09
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s MSC Orchestra Review
MSC Orchestra Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?