Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by tobyjugs001

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by tobyjugs001
Freedom of the Seas
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ten out of Ten for the FOS

Made the drive from Charlotte to Miami with a stop over in Fort Pierce.(nothing to do with the cruise,but Cobbs Landing has good food).
Arrived at the port at about 11am. The signs and directions could be better but the Freedom is right in your face as soon as you cross the bridge so you can't miss her.
Dumped the luggage off to a waiting porter who was very helpful and parked up the car.($140 for the week). We were on the ship within 30 minutes with no problems whatsoever and met up with family members that had made the trip from the U.K.

THE SHIP.....Huge, clean, and amazing.Everything you have read about and more.

THE STATEROOM......Small, but clean and well equiped.The bed was terrific and so were the towel animals.

THE STAFF.....Wonderful.Not one negative attitude from anyone.Very helpful.(While we are on the subject of staff, a shout out to Kadek and the three Jose's in my time dining that made the evening meal such a wonderful and hilarious experience).

THE PORTS.....Labadee was a great beach day walking around the market and checking out the scenery.If you want sun,sand and palm trees,this is it.
Did the falls in Jamaica. Very nice and not overcrowded when we were there.Some areas we saw on the tour were run down but this is how people here live.An education to say the least.
Swam with the stingrays in Grand Cayman and tried my hand at snorkeling until a gallon of salt water put an end to that.(need to keep my mouth shut!).
Did not go to Cozumel because of the swine flu problem. Unfortunate, but you can't really argue with that decision.

THE ENTERTAINMENT.....So much to do we could not do it all.The shows that we went to were great.
Bingo was way too expensive though. My wife tried it once.(I didn't care.I don't play bingo).Also the on board photos were 20 bucks a pop.A bit steep I thought.

THE CRUISE DIRECTOR......Rubbish, could have done a better job myself..! Sorry Richard,just kidding.!!
Check out youtube and type in Richard Spacey to find out all you need to know about this guy.I would be surprised if there is anyone else out there at the moment that's doing a better job.

THE FOOD.....To be honest,we could not fault the dining room food at all.It was well presented,the staff were great,(see above) and it tasted very good.
The windjammer is a typical cafe self-service type of thing. Most of it was of a good standard but one or two of the deserts were a bit bland.
All other food available was good with good service.

We got off the ship as easily as we got on.Paid the parking fee and headed to Deerfield beach for the next half of our vacation.

This was a wonderful experience for all members of our party.I have cruised before with Carnival and we had a great time with them as well but the Freedom does everything on a much grander scale.(until oasis,that is).

I have read many reviews on this ship,some good and some not so. All I can say is that this is an honest review by me, I am not an RC employee and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Publication Date: 05/11/09