Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Blessings357

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Blessings357
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Conquest
Member Name: Blessings357
Cruise Date: April 2009
Embarkation: Galveston

Second Cruise/Great Time
This was my second cruise on the Carnival Conquest.  I will sail again on the Conquest.  Both times were enjoyable.  I go on cruises by myself mainly to relax, i.e., read books, walk in the ocean water, sat on the beach, listen to the music on the ship and watch the shows, and of course to eat.

Embarkation and debarkation is always easy for me.  Never have I had a problem on either cruise. Debarkation, I self-assist, i.e, I take all my luggage off myself.  This last time I was in my car by 9:00 a.m.  I always park at the Port of Galveston; they have never let me down.  When I got off the ship to go home, the vans were waiting to take us to the Lot (B).  When I parked to go on the cruise, I prepaid, and all I had to do was show them my paperwork I printed from the internet and park, and the van was ready to take me to the ship-Easy Easy Easy. I "think" the Port of Galveston has 24 hours security; nevertheless, I've never had a problem leaving my car there.

I took a chance and stayed in the Holiday Inn Sunspree; I had read mixed reviews; I love NICE hotels.  I did not have one single problem out of this hotel.  I will stay here again.  Is it a luxury hotel NO. Is it a Resort NO.  Is it a good place to spend the night before a cruise YES.  All the rooms have the Gulf View. I would rate the hotel average and a little expensive in price.  Would I recommend it to someone-YES.  As I saida decent place to stay the night before a cruise. You can park and leave your car there for the entire cruise for $20.  I chose the Port of Galveston because I did not want to take a chance and wait for a taxi to take me back to the hotel and get my cardidn't know how long I might have to wait.  If you are use to the very luxurious hotels and being spoiled, then you probably need to stay elsewhere. If I were going to stay in Galveston longer than two days, I would find a more upscale hotel.

The first day out, to me, the sea was a little rough. The other days were smooth.  I could feel the boat moving on the 8th floor the first day; I was in room 8348 with a balcony.  Overall a good cruise, the food and entertainment was great.  We only stopped in Jamaica and Grand Cayman.  Cozumel was cancelled because of the swine flu.  I did the Sandals Resort in Jamaica great hotel, food was excellent.  I did the Trolley Roger in Grand CaymanI would not do this again for $25-30; it was not worth it. I would do the site seeing tour that included the Turtle Farm or the 7 mile beach.  It only took an hour and didn't show us much. Not a good tour to me. I was OK because I had been to Grand Cayman before, but if you have never been, I would not take this tour.  My room steward was great as was my dinner waiter-no complaints.

I will sail again.  I travel alone and always feel safe on the ship. I want to do Key West and Bahamas cruise next out of Galveston or New Orleans.  I don't like flying so for me cruising is the way to go.

Publication Date: 05/06/09