Carnival Glory Cruise Review by jim

Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean
Great Ship. Wonderful Crew. I used this website to research our cruise and I must say, I found it very helpful. I think it's important to provide a little background in regard to vacation styles. Let's face it, a person who vacations at a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons will have a different take than folks who stay at a Days Inn. My wife and I are in our late 20's and 30's, we have two kids ages 2 and 4 (who did not come on this cruise).

We found the embarkation process on the Glory moved along quite well. Upon boarding we found our cabin amidships and were very pleased. We spent the extra money for the balcony and would recommend you do the same. One quick note, the couple traveling with us was upgraded, free of charge to our level, a few doors down. We thought that effort was outstanding.

We found the public rooms very inviting. I would suggest the late seating for dinner, as this allows you more time to recover from the days activities. We chose to be seated at a ten top. Again, I would suggest you do the same, as it allows you to meet some wonderful people and compare notes on a daily basis. The food was outstanding. This was a very pleasant surprise. A wide variety, proper temperature etc. The service was equally impressive. Carnival pulls the best folks form other ships when they launch a new one. This was made obvious time and again. The wine list was also reasonably price and extensive.

Late night ice cream and pizza is a must! The pizza was great.

The entertainment was good. We live in Las Vegas, so it's hard to improve on that. Still, we found the majority of the shows entertaining.

O.K. The fitness and spa facility was the highlight of the cruise for me. I work out every day and really enjoyed the set up on the Glory. You could stair step or spin while looking out the front of the ship, across the sea/island etc. They had Spin bikes and classes, great free weights nice, new equipment. The men's steam room and sauna had one glass wall that looked out over the sea. Outstanding. The spa personnel were also top notch. Nice rooms and great service. Wait till later in the cruise as they will offer discounts for services provided while the ship is in port.

Overall, worth every penny. I felt like we got a deal. This comes from some folks who did a Windstar cruise in Tahiti three months prior. No problems getting off the ship. It was a truly an outstanding vacation.

Finally, we tend to stay at the Ritz, Four Seasons or Fairmont, in that order. Hope this helps. Happy Cruising!

Jim