MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by navywife1273

MSC Orchestra
Member Name: navywife1273
Cruise Date: April 2009
Destination: Bermuda
See More About: MSC Orchestra Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Embarkation Not Rated

Ship Facts: MSC Orchestra Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Orchestra Deck Plans
Worst Cruise Ever!
I planned this cruise to celebrate my husbands 65th birthday.

We have been on several cruises over the years and were looking forward to this cruise.

We have never been so completely and totally disappointed before.  The food was bad, there is no other way to explain it.  The staff was rude.  The waiter brought something I hadn't ordered.  When I told him, I had ordered what he served, he looked at me and said "yes, you did" and walked away.  One morning I asked for a cup of coffee and was offered instant because the coffee pot had already been cleaned and put away!  The menu said lobster, but I was served crawfish.  The desserts seemed to be left over and not at all fresh.  The food was usually very bland.

We were told that my husband's birthday would be acknowledged in some way.  I had no idea what they had planned, but whatever it was, we never got it.

The staff in general was very rude and difficult to deal with.  The made very little effort to help you or answer your questions.  We tried to book an excursion and the girl at the desk seemed very annoyed.  The excursion was supposed to be a cruise tour of the island.  The girl just gave us stickers for our shirts and basically threw two towels at me.  I didn't want to bother her anymore, so I didn't ask about the towels, even though we should not have needed them.  It turns out she booked us on the wrong excursion.  She booked us on some snorkel tour.  Hence the towel. Unfortunately, we hadn't planned to go swimming, and didn't have suits with us.  So we spent the afternoon, sweltering on this little boat.

The entertainment was bad.  The only good part was the night when they had a talent contest.  Some of the passengers and very talented and others, not so much.

The only positive thing I have to mention is our room steward.  He said he was Indonesian.  He was very helpful and friendly.

Publication Date: 05/04/09