Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Orange Shorts Man

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Orange Shorts Man
Carnival Valor
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

WOW!
This was my first ever cruise and I have to say that it was the most pleasant experience I've ever had. Everything from the staff, to the events, to the ports, to the food was excellent.

Embarkation: Being in the Navy, I'm used to long lines, so I wasn't too surprise at the length of the line. What I was surprised with was the speed in which the line moved. 5 out 5!

Day One: This was a day at sea and there was LOTS for everyone to do. I took part in a mock game show. It wasn't what I was hoping for, but it was fun none the less. I also participated in the hairy chest contest. This made me a superstar through out the entire cruise, ergo the name, Orange Shorts Man.

Day Two: Grand Cayman was a very nice port. Make your excursion plans before pulling in. We didn't go to Hell, in that there's nothing there. We had a nice time snorkeling at a resort we were invited to.

Day Three: Roatan was very VERY memorable for us. We did a zipline excursion through Island Marketing and it was incredible! The staff was very pleasant and showed us all a great time. My wife was scared, but after the first 4 lines, she was getting into the swing of things. After the zipping, we were taken to a beach for a free drink. A nice family invited us to share a motor boat trip out to an AWESOME reef for some snorkeling. Saw a baraccuda, a couple of parrot fish and a school of squid.

Day Four: Belize was a day off for us and we regretted it the minute we heard about the snorkeling. We did manage to get off the ship and look around the shops.

Day Five: Cozumel was my favorite port. I went diving for the first time. Dive MAU is the company to go through. We did the discover diving tour and our class was me and my wife. We had two instructors, one of which was also our underwater photographer. I was beyond excited with this tour. The price for the photos was a little steep, but a little negotiating and we got a very reasonable price for permanent memories of a life time. After that, we got hooked into this time share sale pitch, which lasted roughly 90 minutes, but got us full access to an all-inclusive resort for the rest of our time in port. Awesome snorkeling, free Mexican buffet and all the drinking we could handle. I got to use some of my Spanish speaking skills while ordering the booze, which got my wife laughing.

Day Six: Another day at sea, again chock full of events.

Day Seven: The debarkation process was just as fast as the embarkation. Zero complaints.

Other mentionables: The food was TOP NOTCH! I was a total pig, eating every meal, ordering as much as I wanted. I even took advantage of the room service. My wife loved the chocolate buffet. Our waitress, Pande, knew our names after day one and actually predicted what I was going to order before I ordered it. I never had service like this before. A++++++

The elegant evenings were nice. It was fun seeing everything dressed in their finest. Make sure you bring your photo face in that there are SEVERAL opportunities for portraits. Get them taken for free and pay only for what you want. The prices are a little high, but keep your eyes open for sales and specials. We got a 16X20 canvas print for 55 dollars.

Overall, not only do I recommend this cruise, I wouldn't mind taking this very cruise again.

Publication Date: 04/29/09