Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by cherylk2009: Very Disapointed!

cherylk2009
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Very Disapointed!

Sail Date: April 2009

I have been on numerous cruises with Carnival and have never had a bad experience. I thought this was an upgrade and could not wait for my trip. The cruise was not a great time. We have three children, 11, 12, and 13. There were no organized activities for this age group, other than hanging out in a "teen room" doing nothing that was fun or for that matter included. The Arcade is nice and there are tons of games, however, at $1.00 to $1.45 a game the arcade is a complete rip off. The skating rink is barely open and at very strange hours. The rock climbing is barely open as well and when it is be prepared to wait forever. As for the flo rider it gets old quickly and the lines were unbearable. We used these three activities a few times during our seven days due to this. The ship makes no effort to cater to children over 11 and they assume such age group is happy "hanging out" doing nothing. My children expected simple, fun games such as water balloon toss, Olympic type games, More competitions, and trust me there was nothing. As for hanging out, there were numerous teens acting completely obnoxious all over the ship, however, I can't really blame them as there was nothing else for them to do. They resorted to riding the elevators harassing adults, fighting and swearing throughout out the ship, etc.. The basketball court is always full with teens. Families that wish to play Bball with younger children had a very difficult time getting court time. Also, the older teens were rude and by the end of our cruise a security guard was stationed outside of the court at all times due to a 20 year old man punching a 15 year old boy on the court during a pick up game.

My take on the ship is that it is beautiful, clean and large, however, RC made sure that everything on the cruise is an absolute money maker for them, nothing is free, and I mean nothing....Furthermore, if it is free, then be prepared to wait in extensive lines and study your brochure as to operating/opening times as they make sure it is very limited if it is a free activity. I never felt this way on Carnival cruises, as they seemed to offer alot more and the Carnival CHILDREN'S CLUB was much much better. You always saw the children staff members everywhere. Also, we could never get machines in the fitness center..packed. Also, $12.00 for a Spinning class or other organized class. Internet service was 55 cents a minute and slow! Jonny Rockets was $4.95 a person cover charge and from there we were told you had to pay for your items. Lastly, the lines were atrocious and a complete insult. When we arrived in the port to board at noon it took over two hours in lines to board. We waited over an hour in a stuffed hallway in utter heat to de-board in Labadee, same for Jamaica. You never saw staff members during this time explaining or updating the waits. Elderly and handicapped adults were pushed and treated like cattle. Thankfully, my children are older and able to handle this but if they were younger I would have panicked for their safety. Considering my family spent over $12,000 for our cruise, I was so disgusted with how we were treated. The food was better than Carnival to an extent, however, Carnival offered Midnight Buffets and different types of appetizer prior to dinner, such as Sushi etc.. Also, one buffet area for breakfast and 4,500 people on the boat does not go over well..... Pure chaos, with people bumping and pushing, as well as long, long lines/ Breakfast was pure bedlam, over a 45 minute wait for eggs or omelets. Also, on the last day they had an afternoon buffet, this we were was told was to replace their discontinuance of the midnight buffet....What a joke, I can't even explain how pathetic it was, and to add insult to injury people were waiting in 20 minute lines to get a friggin piece of cheese or chocolate. Also, everyone was told when it ran out, it ran out..This buffet was set up in the middle of the shops and the shops had a big "clearance" Sale...A BIG JOKE!!! The best part of my trip was my stay in Hollywood, FL prior to the cruise for two nights. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas

To make my trip complete the ship lost two pieces of our luggage upon debarkment. I mean really, we flew in from Boston on Delta with a stop over and all our luggage arrived...Tell me how the cruise can loose luggage? Also, funny enough on the ship there is adequate staffing, however, at the port RC staff are few and far between..Why...because their is no money to be made for RC at this juncture.

Read 163 Miami Reviews