Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Tinabrn

Cruise Date: March 2009
Embarkation: Galveston
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8A
See More About: Carnival Conquest Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Rates 5+

Fun new itinerary from Galveston
Left big D at 5 am and arrived at the docs about 11. Ship was still disembarking, but because of handicap problems we were able to board fairly soon. Weather had been freezing when leaving home and was still cool when we arrived.

Got to lunch buffet before crowding and found my usual wonderful fresh fruit and salads...This was kind of my standard act and hope to keep weight down !! It helped.

Cabin was very nice but very on Lido Deck and close to elevators so a bit noisy. Next time will book on Deck 10 and a little further from elevators. DH has a handicap problem so he likes to be fairly close.

Ship was overbooked for early seating and we were assigned late seating. Since my reservation had been in over 9 months this upset me a bit, however, after talking with Maitre D and assistant it was changed by the next day. Many of the people were not, there were several elderly on board and it really upset them ...this problem needs to be addressed before sailing not at the last minute.

Had the most average cabin attendant ever...he was training new people and often forgot extra glasses, ice, etc. He was very good to bring them later...but they were not as efficient as I have been used to.

Key West was wonderful..took the conch train and then walked around and shopped and visited several museums. Lovely town with lots to do.

Freeport was extremely windy with rough seas, so many did not go snorkeling. We went to Port Lucaya which was pretty and enjoyed walking around and my dh won some money at the casino.

In Nassau he went to Atlantis and I danced with the flamingos so we were both happy!!

I didn't attend many of the shows, I had seen the big ones the last time I had been on the ship. I enjoyed some of the quieter clubs and just "relaxing".

I thought I would prefer this itinerary, but on review I think I do like the Western One better, would just like a few new ports on it.

Publication Date: 04/26/09