Carnival Glory Cruise Review by lauracruises

Cruise Date: April 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
        10-12 5+

3 Generation Spring Break
Sailed on the Glory April 11. We booked our flights from NYC thru Carnival for convenience. It didn't start out that way. We were given good direct flights down in the morning. My original return flights were RIDICULOUS. Fly Orlando to Atlanta. lay over 3 hours then NYC. I live in NYC there are dozens of direct flights daily, and charged top dollar Carnival couldn't care how long it took to get home. I Persevered, Hours on the phone and threatened to cancel they changed my flights for my 85 year old mother, 12 1/2 twins and myself, to get direct flights. Embarkation. Once in Fla. the Carnival Staff was terrific. They saw my mother, put her in a wheelchair and expedited us onto the ship. We had a Balcony cabin on Verandah deck. We were upgraded from an inside after booking in June ,2008 and the rates decreased, a refund not being allowed. Service was very, very good. Our room steward, Eugene was very pleasant and fun with his towel animals. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Elmer from the Golden dining room. He catered to my daughters unusual eating habits, was cordial and was terrific when we saw him on Lido deck. Circle C activities. I never saw one of my girls, except at dinner and to sleep. Some of the kids are busy texting each other this week. My only concern was that there was not one place for the kids to meet. I was uncomfortable with their programs meeting place change every hour. Also 12-14 year olds were NOT signed in but their cards were checked for attendance.Entertainment We went to most of the shows. The dancers were great. For the most part the singers were quite good, except for the Rock and Roll show when the woman singer was terrible. Butch and his staff worked very hard with a lot of activities to keep everyone busy. Loved Robin with his oldies and the Calypso band. Food On the whole, very good, not gourmet, but enough to choose from.

Disembarkation was a breeze. The same Carnival gentlemen was waiting with his wheelchair for my mom to the airport shuttle. Would I sail with Carnival again, yes.

Publication Date: 04/26/09