Eurodam Cruise Review by partsman1543

Cruise Date: April 2009
Cabin Category: VF

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Holland American NO WAY!
This was my families second cruise, and I was so disappointed! We chose this one because we really wanted to spend a lot of time in Puerto Rico, and this one allowed for a 13 hour visit! We thought that we would at least be treated as good as we had been on the Royal Caribbean 2 years earlier, but that didn't happen.

The good stuff: We loved all the ports of call. We saw the rain forest in Puerto Rico which is beautiful!! St. Thomas is equally beautiful, clear blue waters.........I could go on and on. Grand Turks, again, fantastic! My stateroom attendant was Super!

The bad stuff: My son was injured on the tender boat that was taking us over to Half Moon Cay (Holland America's Private Island). The ramp collapsed, he is a 22 year old autistic man. We were treated less than expected by all staff after this happened, including the treating doctor and nurses, along with all other Holland America staff, no one ever asked how he was doing after this. He suffered a leg and abdominal injury.

The food and organization in the Lido was terrible, way too crowded, I felt like I was herded like a cow or something. Sometimes I ate without a drink because it was to much trouble to stand in yet another line waiting for one. Entertainment was mediocre at best. Really not a lot of things to do on the ship. Geared more for the elderly, alcoholics and gamblers.

We would never go with Holland America again, even if it was free of charge.

Publication Date: 04/23/09