Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Lanelane1959: You have to be brave to cruise with this ship

Lanelane1959
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

You have to be brave to cruise with this ship

Sail Date: April 2009

The Carnival Valor I feel lacked all around from the Cruise Director to the staff that spoke very little english or bad english. The ship didn't open up both sides for upper deck dining, the deserts were limited to two, until last night. I got sick soon as I went on ship, not sea sick and not sure what...a piano player helped to the infirmary, basically did nothing, went back to my room got worse they said to come back down...I was unable to walk with fear of passing out and was traveling alone, they would send no one up to check on me..I slept for two days with the help of sleep aids and gratefully felt better when pulled into a port. The shore excursion through Carnival in Mexico for dolphin trainer school for the price of 250.00 was a total rip off. I have swam with the dolphins in various places, this was the most expensive and most disappointing...a free tee and lunch were the highlights when it should have been spending quality time with the dolphins...they write it up to sound More very inviting...don't be fooled. I've sailed with Carnival Victory 3 times and had a great time each time and the cruise director Malcom Burns was wonderful each time, funny, charming, went out of his way to make it a great time for everyone woooooo hoooooooo:)the food was better, the desserts many to choose from day and night with beautiful ice sculptures...the atmosphere on the ship was one of joy....on the Valor as soon as I walked on I literally felt a difference. I'm not usually one to take time and complain, yet for the money I spent, same price for one person as two, it was my worst cruise ever and it really bothered me they could care less I was in my room alone very sick and no one would check on me. I will not sail on the Valor again and perhaps never Carnival again, for the Victory now leaves out of S.C. and I don't' know if I'm willing to take another chance on Carnival...it would have to be a freebee. I spoke with other people on the ship and certainly people had fun, but if you know how things should be on a cruise and they don't meet your expectations, for the money spent...lesson learned...won't do it again with the Carnival Valor Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Verandah 8323

the cabin was fine other than the fact I asked for a room where the least noise would be heard and I was put directly under swimming pool and band area...the view was great, the noise from outside the cabin and even inside...squeaks and lighting fixtures...all the noise was very annoying and upsetting when I specifically asked for a quiet room.

a poor city, but I have to say I went Cave Tubing with cavetubing.com and had a blast, have the price the cruise ships charge and truly it was the best part of the whole trip, people who sailed with carnival and did this excursion last year a lady died for they didn't care enough to have enough guides for the tourist and in fact cavetubing.com people came to assist and help save lives that day...another example of Carnival being more about the money...we had 1 guide per 7 people, Carnival had 2 guides for over 50 people and it can be very dangerous without a guide with you or near by...you can google it and read for yourself. Since this has happened laws have changed but still when I went last week our guides were helping out tour groups from carnival for their guides were not as experienced.

very pretty and clean, the dolphin trainer school at Dolphinaris a rip off, 250.00 bucks and very little time with dolphins...they make it read great...trust me I have swam with dolphins many times..this was the worst and most expensive...again booked through carnival and we barely made it back to the ship in time...I would not recommend this place for a first or last dolphin swim...the setting is pretty, but very small and again the price was crazy...oh but let me point out they through in lunch, drinks with very little to no alcohol, a tee shirt and two photos of their choosing which they picked one bad one of the dolphins and one bad one of the person in hopes you would purchase more. Everyone looking at our groups pictures saw this.
Read 3090 Cozumel Reviews

very beautiful and very clean

(5.5)
loved it, very beautiful and could easily live there
Read 1644 Roatan Reviews