Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by iluvtocruise33: cruisin the caribbean

Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Eastern Caribbean Cruises

cruisin the caribbean

Sail Date: March 2009

Embarkation(Saturday). We arrived at the port around 10:30am. we had to drive from Orlando. Check in was quick and we were on the ship by 11:30 and went to the Lido deck for some food and read about the shore excursions. We had to go wait on line for an hour to get our table changed. We requested early seating and we were put at late seating( Out of 7 cruises we have always requested early and have been given late seating 6 out of seven times) This is one of my biggest complaints about Carnival that we had to have our seating changed 6 times. The majority of people in the line wanted early seating and were given late. Carnival may want to think about going to Freestyle or changing the dining times. We still were not guaranteed and would have to wait until the next day. So this night we ate at the buffet. Being I am diabetic eating at 8:30 is too late. Buffet was ok.

We ate at the buffet on the formal nights we don't dress up anymore the buffet in the evening was just ok. More Lunch buffet was very good and the mongolian bbq was very good. Long lines usually for this. Deli very good sandwiches. Grill was good also. Breakfast buffet also good. Had a different king of omelet almost every day.

Dining room experiences was very good. Had a good meal each time we went. Crab cake was the best tasting appetizer. Chocolate melting cake was excellent desert.

Shows were just ok. I liked the comedians and two of the stage shows. We didn't go to a few of the shows. Just didn't interest us.

Watch two movies on the big screen outside by the pool and enjoyed that immensely. Being under the stars with the nice weather was the best

We had the best weather the entire time mid and high 80's all week and this was the calmest trip that I have ever been on. It didn't even feel like the ship was moving.

I will definitely being going on this itinerary again. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Interior Verandah 8317

Very comfortable bedding and inside cabin was pretty spacious and very quiet on the 8th deck.

Went to a beach through the cruise lines. Very nice beach. Could rent wave runners and go horseback riding. I wanted to do an itinerary called See Antigua by sea but it wasn't offered this week that we were there so we just went to the beach. Water was very nice and it was very hot and the water cooled you off nicely.
Read 802 Antigua Reviews

We have been to Nassau numerous times so this time we just walked around the shops a bit and then just came back and relaxed on the desk in the shade. We both had gotten enough sunburn the other days on the ship so we didn't want to get anymore.
Read 2629 Nassau Reviews

Monday(Puerto Rico). Arrived early at this port. we were scheduled to be there at 5:00 but arrived at 3:00. Did some shopping and then had dinner and then went to the Sheraton across from the port and gambled and came away with over $200.00. Sat outside and enjoyed the weather.
Read 1361 San Juan Reviews

Took an excursion over to Trunk Bay with Carnival and went snorkeling. This was one of the most beautiful beach that I have ever seen. Snorkeling was very good here. Lots of fish and coral. Water was excellent. I will do this excursion again.
Read 2325 St. Thomas Reviews

We wanted to do the baths but this excursion was sold out. Next time we come to Tortola we will do that one I will book online early. We went on a catamaran snorkeling. We went to Norman Island and Peter Island. Very good snorkeling at the first snorkeling spot. Saw a manta ray and got a good picture of it with our underwater camera. Ride out and back on the catamaran was great. Got sun poisoning on my one foot and that was with me putting on sunscreen.
Read 501 Tortola Reviews