Carnival Glory Cruise Review by firsttimeFAMcruiser: Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean was Glorious!

firsttimeFAMcruiser
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean was Glorious!

Sail Date: April 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We sailed on the Carnival Glory April 11th - 18th 2009. This was our first cruise. We had an absolutely wonderful time. We sailed with our two boys ages 6 and 14. Our 6 year old loved Camp Carnival. The Carnival goes above and beyond for the kids! Our 14 year old had a blast meeting friends and the only time we saw him was at dinner. LOL. I wanted this to be a family vacation but the children had so much being with the other groups I didn't make them stay with us. This gave us some couple time. We exhausted ourselves trying to attend as many of the activities as we could. We missed alot and look forward to cruising again to do some of the things we didn't get a chance to do.

The Eastern Caribbean was paradise. More beautiful than I can explain. I can't think of anything to complain about. Thankfully, our cabin didn't smell of cigarette smoke. We didn't know smoking was allowed in the cabins. When you let the little things go you don't have much negative things More to say. The only suggestion is switching to fountain soda drinks. We spent alot of time standing in line at the bars waiting for sodas. (We purchased the fountain cards) Dixie in the Platinum Dining Room was wonderful. All of the staff were very friendly. The dancers were terrific. Butch was hilarious! The illusion show was great. I believe Carnival has done a fabulous job with their entertainment, organization, training of staff, etc.

Embarkation and disembarkation was smooth and uneventful! We look forward to cruising again in the future. The value of the trip is well worth the money...every single penny of it. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Interior Main 2232

Cabin under Amber Palace - no problems. Beds very comfortable. Inside cabin is small for 4 but we only went in to sleep!

Atlantis was very nice. The shoppes surrounding Atlantis are great. I was a little uncomfortable with how pushy the locals are. My children were a little scared. The straw market was dirty but I noticed a sign stating it will be relocated. If I cruised this port included again I would probably stay on the ship.
Read 2609 Nassau Reviews

St Maarten was as beautiful as St Thomas. Paradise! We went to Maho. Exciting to watch the airplanes and the beach wasn't as packed as the others. I wanted to go to Orient Beach but the nudity wasn't appropriate for my children.

Absolutely beautiful. Megan's Bay was gorgeous.
Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews