Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Templefan: Family Cruise that did not disappoint!

Templefan
Member Since 2008

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Family Cruise that did not disappoint!

Sail Date: April 2009

My wife, son and I left Michigan on Saturday, April 11, 2009, everything went smooth and arrived in FLL about 4:00 PM. Once arrived I turned on my cell phone and had a message waiting from SAS Transportation. The message was from the driver who said once we retrieved our luggage to call and they would be there within a few minutes. Went down to luggage, called and within 5 minutes we were on our way to the JW Marriott in Miami. Hotel was great, no problems. Went to Bayside with some friends that night, great place to hang out and get ready for the cruise.

Sunday- Left Hotel via cab for the Port of Miami, ADVICE: When you get into the cab and the driver asks if you are familiar with the area say YES. I knew from going to bayside it was a short ride, maybe a $10.00 cab ride, not thinking I said no and all of a sudden we are taking a tour of down town Miami. Lesson learned.

Room: 9284 Junior Suite, very very nice. The extra room was great. It would be had to get More anything smaller on our next cruise.

Embarkation: No problem, arrived at the port around 11:30 AM and was onboard by 12:00. Once on board, we signed up for the Soda package for my 13 year old son, water package for the wife and the Wine and Dine package, very easy. Checked out the ship and met our friends who arrived around 2:30PM. All in all no complaints.

Dining: The food overall was very good. There was a very nice selection. There was the Chops Steak for 14.99, but I avoided temptation. My wife loves fish and said the Salmon was good. I had the Prime Rib and Fillet, my son had the steak, chicken and Turkey all good. On lobster night I was expecting a big shrimp but to my surprise it was not bad. After I finished our waiter, asked if I wanted another and I gladly agreed. All in all good experience.

Labadee, Nice Beach day. Wife and son did the Zip Line, said it was fun. Lunch was fine consisting of hamburgers, hot dogs chicken etc. Highly recommend the Labadoozee, great drink.

Jamaica: Did the Kayak and Dunns River fall. This was a very physical excursion. i was in a two person Kayak with my 13 year old, you are Kayaking in the open ocean for 1 1/2 miles. Quite a workout. Dunns river falls was cool and worth seeing.

Cayman: We did the snorkeling, the best ever. As soon as you got in the water fish were everywhere, it was literally like jumping into a fish tank. I highly recommend it. It was GC-19 in the book.

Cozumel: We did the Dolphin, Push Pull and Swim. What fun.

Cruise Director: Richard Spacey, excellent as advertised.

Entertainment: Excellent, Shows were good. They flew in a comedian, I think his name was Bobby Connely, excellent. Ice Show, well worth seeing.

Debarkation: EARLY, we were off the ship by 7:30 and our flight was not until 1:00PM. I know they have to get everyone off the ship but.... Once off the ship, called SAS and within 3 minutes they were there and off to the airport.

Overall a great trip. Less