Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by Amoroso: Did you hear the news? NO! SURPRISE- THIS SHIP IS BROKEN

Amoroso
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Seven Seas Voyager Middle East Cruises

Did you hear the news? NO! SURPRISE- THIS SHIP IS BROKEN

Sail Date: April 2009
Destination: Middle East
Embarkation: Dubai

As a frequent traveler on REGENT we still do not comprehend what has happened... everything has changed, what was great before.. now is mediocre. Read my notes and just to be clear... you are warned.

After traveling for 23 hours from our home to Dubai and finally boarding the beautiful Regent Voyager- my wife and I were greeted with this: "Have you heard the news? We have been contacting all the passengers ahead of time (nobody contacted us, on the contrary, I e-mailed and called them several times with some questions, and nobody ever answered back my e-mails or calls), we have a LITTLE problem. The Ship is BROKEN it's one of the Pods and we are giving you 3 choices: (1) getting off and flying back home at their expense; (2) going on the Regent Mariner leaving 7 or 8 days after on a completely different route or (3) staying on with the unfortunate difference of not going to many of the ports scheduled in exchange of receiving 50% refund. Note: They promised to fly us back More home at the end of the trip the same way we had planned, ie. Business Class- but we had to show them proof- needless to say, after presenting the Business receipts and anxiously waiting for 6-7 days for our return flight information, they booked us on Coach- When I called to inquiry the answer was: SO SORRY- BUT I AM NOT A TRAVEL AGENT! ugh! After complaining and waiting 4 more days in limbo, we finally received the e-ticket information on Business- that is how I planned originally.

Since we had planned this cruise for 6 months- we decided to stay on board. Our first Cabin 1058- located in the aft section of the ship was unacceptable with loud motor vibrations. After 2 days, we changed rooms to 1025 and then we were fine.

We still do not understand what has happened to the food quality of this ship. Nothing like it used to be. One day, we ordered crudities from room service- the blue cheese dip was spoiled. Crackers from another cheese tray were rancid. On two occasions we ordered pizza both from the room service and at the Veranda- and it was horrible. It was so bad in fact- that I called the Chef and asked him how he could serve such a dried out, tasteless pizza with artificial non tasting cheese? His answer, " We have a problem in the kitchen with the oven". Then I said to my wife that explains the reason why most of the breads in the buffet were raw on the inside. If for example you order a Tuna Fish sandwich without celery- you can be sure it WILL have celery. If you order a turkey sandwich- the turkey is pressed- never fresh- that takes me to the most important complaint of all. THE FISH- my wife and I eat fish regularly, from all the meals- we had only two decent fish plates. All the fish were from frozen. Served luke warm, over cooked and tough without any seasoning. Just disgusting. The menus at Compass Rose read beautifully, but then you do not get what was described. A vegetable appetizer might have a miniscule slice of asparagus as THE vegetable, then other ingredients like chopped egg that are not mentioned in the menu. Tuna flakes means "canned" tuna. The Matzo Ball Chicken soup can be a beef consomme with a "raw in the middle" tiny matzo ball the size of an eye ball. Desserts- mostly tasteless gelatinous concoctions made with poor quality ingredients and over ripe fruit. The two more "gourmet" restaurants Prime 7 and Signatures- we also not good. Not even worth mentioning- but you can see several tables returning their dishes for others. What bothered me most about these two restaurants- they require reservations- I tried making reservations several times and was told that they were completely booked- I passed by them several times on different evenings around 8 p.m. and there were always empty tables- which does not surprise me since we only had approximately 300 passenger on the entire ship; so why were no reservations available?

The attitude the two receptionist on deck 5 have towards us passengers also merits mention. The look of "Why are you bothering me with stupid questions?" is all I have left to say.

The SPA- overpriced Manicures & Pedicures, tiny Sauna & Steam Rooms that fit no more than 2 tight at a time and very little staff-

All of the above and more have convinced us that we will NEVER EVER travel on Regent again- I do not pay my good earned money to get Surprises! Less

Read more Seven Seas Voyager cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Voyager Review >>

Cabin review: Seven Seas Voyager Penthouse Deck Six 1025

Ample closets- great balcony. New plasma t.v. new carpeting.