Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by cajuinbell: Great start but rough ending!

cajuinbell
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

Great start but rough ending!

Sail Date: April 2009
Embarkation: New Orleans

Morning we left we drove to New Orleans and we stopped at our favored spot to get drinks. Frank's. The drive took us about an hour or so.

Checking in was really easy. We got to check in early because we were with a wedding party. We had to all be there for 10:30.

Once we got on board we had to wait for the rooms. There was a place to drop off our carry on's so that way we did not have to walk around the ship with them. Once the rooms were ready we went straight to our rooms after the wedding.

The beds were not push together but we as the room steward and he was glad to do it for us after dinner. Our first dinner was at Windows which it was a great. They would not take anyone's order till the rest of the table was there.

Which the first night we had to wait on my dad because he would not leave the show. He enjoyed Mr. Jo-El Sonnier. That made his entire trip.

First stop was Costa Maya. My husband and I did shop a little bit but More most we did was just sit on the beach and enjoyed our time together as husband and wife. By lunch time were on back on the boat for lunch. We at Raffles. Which there was a wide selection of food.

Second stop was Santo Tomas De Castilla. We did the Trolley ride. Which we wished it was a little longer. It was only an hour a fast hour because we drove kind a fast. Once back at the port we went shopping. We did not want to get away from the port with out a tour because we heard it was not a safe place. It was nice to see their way of life.

Third stop was Belize. Our group decided to do the Snorkeling and Beach Break. Which was great.

Forth stop was Cozumel. Which we did mostly shopping. This stop was kind of hard. My dad and I walked back to the boat to drop off all the bags and to check the tequila. While waiting my dad got really sick and passed out. The doctor and nurse on the ship were very helpful. His condition got better with time but for his safety they asked him to get off the ship. He was sent to a private hospital in Cozumel. My mom was able to go with him and stay with him at the hospital. He was cleared to fly home on Friday. They flew to Dallas and rented a car and drove to New Orleans. He is doing better. When he got home we just had to rest till Monday so he can go to his doctors. He was admitted to the hospital here to receive 3 pints of blood. He should be out tomorrow. (4/21/09)

Ok as far as the rest of our trip the was great. We really did enjoy our self. The little games were great. Ms. Louisiana was great. Our family was picked to the family feud. My dad and uncle did the weakest link. I think the best game was the Quest.

When we left the ship we had a few problems. Since were with a group we were able to purchase the really big drink package that coved all our drinks. That was a mess. Very unorganized. But it was handle. So if you ever travel with large group make sure all understand what is covered and not.

Once we finally able to get off things were great. We did the easy carry off which was great.

If anyone has any questions or more details just ask. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Spirit 8507

Santo Tomas De castilla is great just make sure book a tour.
Read 52 Aarhus Reviews

It was great. Food and shopping.

It was very relaxing.

Way too much walking. Make sure you have a alot of water to drink or get a cab.

My mom did not like staying over night in a hospital.

Read 3120 Cozumel Reviews