Norwegian Star Cruise Review by okfarmerswife

Cruise Date: June 2004
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: B3
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
        3-6 1.0
        13-15 1.0
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Norwegian Star - Alaska

Just home from the Star to Alaska and it was wonderful.

Embarkation took less than 30 minutes. We had 8 people in our family group so we had 3 cabins booked. One was balcony, one inside, and one inside handicapped accessible room. They were all very clean and kept that way all week by our wonderful cabin steward. Bathrooms were very well laid out and besides a few elbow bumps on the shower and toilet doors, they were plenty spacious. I was very impressed by the friendliness of the crew on board. I know that it's their job to be friendly but most went out of their way to welcome us aboard and be helpful in any way possible. The only reason I don't rate everything a high 6 is to be realistic....nothing is perfect, right?

We found the food to be overall really good although some of the desserts looked better than they tasted. But there were always many more to choose from if we didn't like something! The Chocoholics buffet was amazingly delicious and a beautiful sight to behold! It's worth staying up late to see!

I will add one negative here about all of the jewelry being crammed down our throats. I suppose NCL makes a commission on all of the jewelry they sell on board and there must be a connection as well, to the in port jewelry stores that were being touted. I was not on the cruise to buy jewelry so it was very annoying to have all of the commercials thrown at me.

Another money pit, is all of the photos they take and try to sell. The photographers are really good because all of the photos turned out great, therefore we bought quite a few of them. There is some haggling room with the photo prices, so don't be afraid to ask.

We had 2 children participate in the Kid's Crew program and overall they had a wonderful time. Cruise Director, Keiran Buffery as well as his assistant, were very nice and entertaining as well. We found the entertainment to be very nice quality. Jane L. Powell has a great voice and show. The magician and the other entertainment were very good as well. I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone. I will post a more detailed itinerary review on the Alaska board.

Publication Date: 07/06/04