Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by kislips007

Member Name: kislips007
Cruise Date: January 2009
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Cabin Category: 8E
See More About: Carnival Splendor Cruise Reviews | South America & Antarctica Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Cruise from Hell
I will never cruise on Carnival again! This was my 56th cruise, 8th on Carnival. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Illness, running out of food staples, to misinformation provided by the crew-it all happened!

The only redeeming quality was the room stewards and wait staff, on the 2nd and 3rd leg. The first leg's wait staff was rude,, insulting and incompetent. Anytime a waiter replies to you, "You rich people with all your money!" One member of our table complained because the waiter never gave us a 2nd glass or water, more bread or the correct order and the waiter argued back with her. He spent his time flirting with two women at a nearby table. However, Geoffrey and Vladimir, more than made up for this on our next legs of the cruise.

The cruise director was a font of misinformation on any subject you could ask him about.

I had promised myself after my last disastrous cruise on the Paradise, when it was still in the Caribbean, that I would never go on a Carnival ship again. I should have kept my promise. On that cruise gangs of young toughs roamed the ship intimidating their fellow passengers-swearing at them and pushing them. I complained and was told, "they are passengers too!"

I believe all Carnival needed to do was ask advice from her fellow cruise ships that had been around the Horn, and she could have avoided most of the flagrant incompetence that we experienced.

I love cruising, but never again on Carnival, not the fun ship but the dumb ship!!

Publication Date: 04/16/09