Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by NCMinuet: HUNGRY on this cruise!!

NCMinuet
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Australia & New Zealand Cruises

HUNGRY on this cruise!!

Sail Date: March 2009
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Other

We embarked in Sydney to start our cruise. The ship had cancelled the previous week's cruise due to engine problems so we could embark at 11 a.m. instead of waiting. It was very convenient to have the ship right in the middle of the harbor with great views of the bridge and opera house.

The ship, however, needs repairs. Our room had stains in the bathroom and carpet. We also were right below the galley for the Olympic Restaurant with kept me up most nights. I went to the guest service desks by the 3rd night to complain and they sent the night supervisor to keep the noise down to a minimum.

The food on board was very disappointing. The pork was over cooked and dry and if you order the NY Strip steak then bring your chainsaw. The other cuts of meats they served were tender. Dessert were plan and unimaginable.

They advertise certain ports but fail to mention that you dock 30 minutes away and have to pay for a shuttle bus.

The service from our More waiters, cabin stewards and guest services were very good. The bartender staff needs work. They double charged me several times after messing up my order. I had to go to guest services to have one of the charges removed. After messing up twice I decided it wasn't worth my hassle and stuck with tea, coffee and water.

I think I would look for other cruise ships before I book another Celebrity or Royal Caribbean ship again. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium Oceanview Stateroom Continental Deck (2) 2181

The cabin was very noisy dirty. Located under the Olympic Restaurant's galley.