Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Rock712: Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: June 2004
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We sailed 06/19-06/26. This was our first cruise, so nothing else to compare. In short, we loved this ship. We had a blast and would sail on her again tomorrow !!!

Here's what we thought in no particular order.

Room - Standard balcony view. Room was nice. Everything spotless. We loved having the balcony, spent a lot of time out there. Only negative was that we were right under the Red Sail and it did get a little noisy above our heads at times.

Food - We ate in the dining room ( Platinum ) every nite. Food was good , not knock your socks off outstanding , but definitely a good meal every evening. Good selection every nite, something for everyone. Service was very good. They got my food to me hot and kept my drinking glass filled - what more do you need ??

Ship Layout - Read many complaints about the ship being " chopped up " and difficult to navigate. After the first day or so I didnt find it to be a problem. It is true that you can't go stem to More stern on every deck, but if you take a little time to think about where you want to go it isnt all that difficult. For example, our room was on deck 8. You could walk the entire length of ship in our hallway. All we had to do was fiqure where we wanted to go, walk down our hallway to the right bank of elevators, and presto, there we were !!

Ships activities - In short, something to do all day / every day if you so desire. It's your own fault if you're bored or can't find anything to do.

Shows - Good, not great. Casino - Lots to do. Your usual selection of table games and slots. Very roomy, bigger than I expected.

Overall, a great first time cruise. I'm sure in the future we will try a different Line/Ship to compare, but the Glory will always be a favorite. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>