Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by avabrooke: Maybe my last NCL Cruse

Overall Member Rating

Maybe my last NCL Cruse

Sail Date: April 2009
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We went on a spring break cruise on 4/3 out of Miami. This is my first time to the Caribbean. That part of the cruise I really enjoyed.

My last NCL cruise was out of Los Angeles to Mexico on the Star. I liked that cruise better overall. First of all on that cruise I had a Balcony Cabin. You really need that on NCL. There cabins are so small. There were 3 of us in the cabin. We were tripping over each other. I opted for category CC, and outside cabin instead of a balcony. I think it is around 146 square feet. Ok for 2 not for more. My daughter was across the hall in category J. They had 4 in their cabin. What a joke. I know they would never cruise with NCL again because of that reason alone.

The food was not up to par. They had a poor selection in the dining room and it was not very good. What's with the shrimp cocktail? That has to be a joke. We did eat one meal in Mama's Kitchen. I think Olive Garden is better. The buffet was not bad for breakfast and lunch. They More didn't change things around too much but it was good. I liked the bbq outside they had one day.

The entertainment was ok. We really liked Cat's Pajamas. My husband purchased their DVD. The rest was just ok.

The main problem is there isn't anything to do on Sea Days. We had 2 sea days at the end of our nine day cruise. Bingo was expensive and they only had 3 or 4 games. I am not that jazzed the lay in the sun all day by the pool. I would like some activities on board. People really hogged the chairs by the pool. If you weren't out there by 9 or 10 forget it. Less

Published 04/15/09

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Southern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: OA8614 Oceanview Picture Window

Much much too small. spend the extra money and get a balcony. There was enough closet space and the bathroom was ok.

Read All Oceanview Picture Window (OA) Reviews >>

We did the tour where you swim with the Stingrays. It was great. I would tell everyone to try this one.

Read 1037 Antigua Reviews

It rained this day. We did a private tour with someone on the dock. It was very nice. 2 1/2 hours for $25.00 He took us all around. Really enjoyed it.

Read 999 Barbados Reviews

We did a private tour again with someone on the shore. It was $30.00 a person. He took us on a 1 hour tour of the city and then took us to the beach. He got some people to get us umbrellas and chairs and he gave us a number where the person in charge would call him to pick us up. They called him and he was there in 5 minutes. It was great.

We really didn't take any tours in this port. We just got off the ship and did a little bit of shopping and walked around the town. We had been to the beach the day before.
Read 980 Tortola Reviews

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Southern Caribbean Cruises

Member Since 2009
15 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X