Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by tcancienne

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by tcancienne
Voyager of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Member Name: tcancienne
Cruise Date: March 2009
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: L
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
        10-12 5.0
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Voyager of the Seas - Our Best Cruise Experience Yet!
This was our 8th cruise, and the best by far. I am not referring to the cruise port destinations, or to the activities in port, only to the ship itself. The entire ship is beautiful, well kept, and the staff is incredible. There was always a friendly hello, and a helpful attitude in all areas on the ship. Our cabin steward was great, and also the dining room waiter who went above and beyond for my kids each night. We ate dinner in the Main dining room each night, and on the nights that my 7 year old could not eat with the kids in Ocean Adventure, he ate with us in the dining room. Our waiter presented gourmet peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, and napkin animals which made a long dinner fun for a young child. The food was good overall. We ate in the Windjammer each morning, and at lunch. When you consider how many people a ship this size feeds at each meal, I am always amazed at the quality and presentation. We did not dine in any of the specialty restaurants, so I cannot comment on those. This cruise was during Spring Break, and although there were over 1200 kids on board, it never felt over crowded. The Ocean Adventure program and staff was fantastic, and my seven year old could not wait to go in each day. On sea days, the main pool area was extremely crowded, and chairs were hard to find. My only complaint is that the "chair holding" rule should be enforced better. We did not do anything spectacular in ports. We had been to all of these ports at least once before. We did visit Nachi Cocom beach in Cozumel, which was beautiful. Just did a little shopping in Grand Cayman, and went to the Appleton Rum Tour in Jamaica. All shows that we saw on board were very entertaining. Upon return to Galveston, we used the express departure service and carried our own bags off the ship. The is by far the fastest and easiest way to debark if you can manage your own bags. We were at our car by 7:45 am!

In summary, I would not hesitate to book on The Voyager again. Fantastic, beautiful ship, with great service and staff.

Publication Date: 04/13/09