Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by tcancienne: Voyager of the Seas - Our Best Cruise Experience Yet!

tcancienne
Member Since 2005

Family & Children 5.3

Compare Prices on Voyager of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Voyager of the Seas - Our Best Cruise Experience Yet!

Sail Date: March 2009
Embarkation: Galveston

This was our 8th cruise, and the best by far. I am not referring to the cruise port destinations, or to the activities in port, only to the ship itself. The entire ship is beautiful, well kept, and the staff is incredible. There was always a friendly hello, and a helpful attitude in all areas on the ship. Our cabin steward was great, and also the dining room waiter who went above and beyond for my kids each night. We ate dinner in the Main dining room each night, and on the nights that my 7 year old could not eat with the kids in Ocean Adventure, he ate with us in the dining room. Our waiter presented gourmet peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, and napkin animals which made a long dinner fun for a young child. The food was good overall. We ate in the Windjammer each morning, and at lunch. When you consider how many people a ship this size feeds at each meal, I am always amazed at the quality and presentation. We did not dine in any of the specialty restaurants, so I cannot More comment on those. This cruise was during Spring Break, and although there were over 1200 kids on board, it never felt over crowded. The Ocean Adventure program and staff was fantastic, and my seven year old could not wait to go in each day. On sea days, the main pool area was extremely crowded, and chairs were hard to find. My only complaint is that the "chair holding" rule should be enforced better. We did not do anything spectacular in ports. We had been to all of these ports at least once before. We did visit Nachi Cocom beach in Cozumel, which was beautiful. Just did a little shopping in Grand Cayman, and went to the Appleton Rum Tour in Jamaica. All shows that we saw on board were very entertaining. Upon return to Galveston, we used the express departure service and carried our own bags off the ship. The is by far the fastest and easiest way to debark if you can manage your own bags. We were at our car by 7:45 am!

In summary, I would not hesitate to book on The Voyager again. Fantastic, beautiful ship, with great service and staff. Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Voyager of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Voyager of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6 1371

This cabin is on deck 10, aft. It was very convenient to dining room, Windjammer, and Ocean Adventure. There was no noise, except occasionally from very inconsiderate, late night cruisers, who walk and talk loudly down the halls late at night (that will happen no matter where you are!). Cabin is small for 4 persons, but well organized, and adequate. We kept the lower beds apart for more walking space in the room.

(5.5)
Lots to do here, and activities are inexpensive. We chose Nachi Cocom beach, which was all-inclusive. Food and drinks were great. Beautiful beach, and all water activities are right there. Very relaxing day!
Read 3102 Cozumel Reviews

Try to do some type of water activity in Grand Cayman. The snorkeling is fantastic. Also, this port is great for shopping, but beware, it is expensive!

Although Jamaica is a beautiful country, I just don't feel safe there. We took a ship excursion to the Appleton Rum Factory, and the tour was okay, but the 2 hour ride each way was not worth it. Driving or riding in Jamaica is scary! Roads are very narrow, right over huge cliffs, and very fast driving! This is my 2nd trip to Montego Bay, and next time I will just stay on board the ship.