Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by medfordgirl: our best cruise to date

1,666 Posts

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

our best cruise to date

Sail Date: March 2009

We have cruised on Sovereign, grandeur, explorer (2), mariner and Radiance. Radiance was our favorite. We never wanted to travel on a ship larger than the voyager class, but it was my birthday present from my husband and it just happened that the dates and price for the cruise on LIBERTY fit just right. It is now our favorite.

Embarkation was a breeze. this was our first cruise as a diamond member and had priority boarding. We had arrived by 11 am so I don't know how much the priority helped. DH is not a fan of buffets so we skipped the windjammer and headed to the promenade cafe. It was wonderful. only a few people there and the sandwiches and sweets were just right. We then walked around a little and when the rooms were ready we headed to ours. We were a bit nervous because we were used to suites and we thought the balcony would be tiny. Also we were given the very first balcony on the sixth floor, another scary thought. All I can say is...if you have the opportunity to More get this room, take it. It was great. It was more than adequate for the two of us. We did not overpack so we had plenty of room for what we brought. Now, the balcony....has to be twice the size of the other balconies (except for maybe the aft ones) It was a great spot. We were leery that it would be very rocky in front but it wasn't at all. Most of the time it felt as though we weren't even moving.

There was so much going on in the cruise that we never even once made it to the theatre. I can't even tell you what it looks like. We played mini golf and watched the flowride action. You don't have to participate to enjoy it.

We loved loved loved the diamond lounge. What a great place. much better than the suite concierge lounges we had been in. Pretty, Constantine and Darwin were the best.

I also found the On the Air Karaoke rooms. OMG they were a blast. And you can make a music video to take home for just $20. It was so cool.

Last but not least, every single meal we had in the dinning room was wonderful. I don't know who the chef was on this cruise but he is awesome. My hubby is very picky, usually loses weight on a cruise but not this one. We also did Portofino's and as usual were not disappointed.

Debarkation was also a breeze, picked up our hertz shuttle right away and were on our way home.

If you have the chance to get on Liberty of the seas DO IT. If you have the chance to get our room....DO IT. I can't wait until january when we board the Freedom of the seas. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Superior Oceanveiw Stateroom Deck 7 6514

you only have neighbors on one side. the balcony is extra large, just wish they would put a lounger on it. great room

We did not leave the ship, been here many times before.

Read 1358 San Juan Reviews

this has always been one of our favorite ports. Loved it.