Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by IslandDiva: NORWEIGAN SKY: CRUISE FROM HELL!

IslandDiva
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

NORWEIGAN SKY: CRUISE FROM HELL!

Sail Date: April 2009
Destination: Bahamas

#1) The boarding process was unorganized and consisted of long line after long line after long line. NO EXAGGERATION. We felt like cattle!!

#2) Our luggage were lost. At 10 PM I went downstairs to fill out a report and was told that I would be given a $100 credit for the trouble. About an hour or so later, I got lost on the ship and just so happened to get on the wrong elevator. As I'm walking down the hall trying to find my room, what do I see sitting in the hallway at someone else's door????? Our luggage!!!!! It was almost Midnight. We couldn't enjoy the shows or activities that night b/c we had no clothes to change in and it was so late and had to get up early the next morning for an excursion. Upon checkout, I was told that NCL had taken away the $100 room credit b/c I, not the crew or staff, found my luggage.

#3) The itinerary wasn't sufficient at all. We only had one day in Nassau. We wasted an entire day on NCL's private island (Great Stirrup), which More consisted of an over populated beach with not enough complimentary beach chairs or beach accessories. I felt it was an absolute waste of my money

#4) The all-inclusive food is a partial lie! All of the food that was included was cold, bland and an overall disappointment. Wait staff acted as if we weren't paying customers if we sent something back. All-inclusive beverages included warm tap water and unsweetened tea. There were no fountain sodas or juice. In order of us to eat well, we had to dine in the specialty restaurants, which required an additional cover charge. And to top it off, the bartenders made watered down drinks...and I'm no alcoholic!

#5) While dining at one of these "specialty restaurants" we ordered a bottle of wine with dinner, which was excellent! We finished dinner and were sipping the last of the wine, when I noticed there was something in the bottom of my glass. It was some sort or crystal sediment or glass...something that shouldn't be digested. To make a long story short, the waiter lied and said hi staff tasted it and it was brown sugar. On top of that, he accused me of putting it in the glass!!!!! An hour later, the restaurant called and apologized, admitting it was some sort of sediment from inside the bottle of wine that emptied into my glass! They attempted to reconcile by sending a complimentary bottle of wine. I tried to fill out an incident report, they would let me. I tried to get a copy of theirs; they wouldn't even let me see it.

There's more, but I can't even type the rest, b/c I am livid at the entire experience. This was my very first cruise and a vacation in a long time. I am highly upset and borderline tears. DO NOT TAKE THIS CRUISE!!! IT IS A RIP OFF AND NOT WORTH WHAT THEY CHARGED!!!! THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!!!!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>