Ruby Princess Cruise Review by New2Crusin': First Timer's Fantastic Ruby Cruise

0 Post

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

First Timer's Fantastic Ruby Cruise

Sail Date: March 2009

Just got back from our fantastic cruise on the Ruby today. Since I have never been on a cruise before, I have nothing to compare this one to, but it was absolutely wonderful. What a beautiful, first class, ship the Ruby is. Here's a few thoughts on our trip,

Ruby Princess: Beautiful, classy, immaculate, first rate ship.

Embarkation: Very smooth. Arrived at Port 11:00 was on the ship in our room at 12:00.

Service: Also, first class. Entire staff was great. Always ready to please, friendly, and wanting to make your trip perfect.

Dining: We had Anytime Dining and ate in the Davinci Room every night. Never had to wait for a table which we requested each night. Our Server Team were Luisito and Biljana. They were great and made us look forward to dinner. Food was excellent. Always something different to choose from and we were always pleasantly pleased and stuffed. We were going to try the Crown Grill one night but never felt it necessary. More

Cabin: We loved our Aloha deck balcony cabin midship. We made good use of the balcony and spent quite a bit of time out there. The view was amazing. The room was a good size and never felt to small. The bathroom on the other hand was a bit small and women need to be contortionists to shave their legs in the shower. By the end of the week I had figured it out.

Steward: Arlan was our steward. He was very nice and took care of the few little extras we asked for right away. The room was always immaculate when we returned to it and we always had clean towels.

Entertainment: Was ok. Broadway show was enjoyable and Phil Tagg who performed in the Explorers Lounge was great. The other nights the shows were so so. But, no matter what we went to see we had fun.

Excursions: We only did the Mystic Mountain/Jamaican Bob Sled. That was very fun. Grand Cayman and Cozumel we just walked around port then went back on the ship to get some R&R and enjoy the quiet and movies by the pool. Princess Cays was beautiful. We enjoyed spending the day there.

Motion Sickness: For you other newbies, it was not a problem. One night it was rather rough and the ship was rocking quite a bit. I felt a bit queasy when I went to bed but took some Bonine and used sea bands and slept like a baby.

Only downsides

Chair Hogs on sea days. Not reserving chairs and leaving empty for hours on end should be strictly enforced. Let's be fair to the people who are actually at the pool and want to sit down.

Slow elevators. Was faster to take the stairs.

Disembarkation was awful but that was due to a 2 hour delay getting into Ft Lauderdale. The ship left Princess Cays 2 hours late due to a tender malfunction which put everything behind schedule. I am sure in normal circumstances disembarkation would not be so bad. This was a fantastic vacation. We were totally impressed and have already done a future booking for next year. We're addicted. Now, I just have to get over the depression I am feeling because I am no longer on the beautiful Ruby. Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>