“FIRST CRUISE - WILL BE HARD TO TOP!!”
Cruise review of Holland America Eurodam

CS&BS Eurodam 5 FIRST CRUISE - WILL BE HARD TO TOP!!
CS&BS
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
March 21-28 sailing:

Let me get the bad stuff out of the way first...We were supposed to Grand Turks, San Juan, St. Thomas and Half-Moon Cay. Grand Turks was not possible due to high winds and worse seas, but that didn't dampen our experience. Yes, everybody looked drunk for the first couple of days because the ship was rockin' and rollin', but what do you expect in bad weather.

The Eurodam is a modern beautiful ship with every amenity you can think of. Under the circumstance of bad weather, she performed nicely. We were bummed that we missed our excursion on Grand Turks (Dune Buggys), but we were safe and I'd rather be on this ship than at home anyday. We were fully refunded our fee for the excursion and port taxes we would have incurred.

Food on the Eurodam...Lido cafeteria style was terrific! Rembrandt Room superb and the Pinnacle Grill was fanciful full of flavor.

Mixed drinks were around $7, and were great. Anything that came in a bottle or can was extra. Meaning if it was bottled water or soda, you pay. I don't think this is right and all drinks that do not contain alcohol should be free. Wasn't a deal breaker though, tap water was delicious.

Cabin Steward Eko: Wonderful young man with a heart of gold. He and his assistant took care of us so well, we wanted to bring them home with us. Our room was always clean and tidy, sometimes 2, 3 or 4 times a day he would visit our stateroom.

Would I sail on the Eurodam again? Oh absolutely YES! If you didn't enjoy yourself, shame on you! You missed a great time!

Eurodam Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Neptune Suite with Verandah

SA7067
7067 - Deluxe Verandah Suite: Huge room and private balcony, big screen TV, private lounge for same suite level guests, included room service 24/7 (limited menu), lots of closet space, sound proof rooms, jacuzzi tub/shower surround & 2nd separate shower, double sinks, separate vanity area, comfortable couch and chairs in seating area, and no interior cabins across the hall, only exterior cabins at this level.

Port
San Juan Bacardi Rum tour left a lot to be desired due to the fact that we wanted to see actual production lines up close and they show a movie instead. The St. Christobol fort was wonderful and amazing at the same time.
Read 2,275 San Juan Reviews
Port
Our Snorkel, Hike (stroll) and Kayak at St. Thomas was terrific and I would have done that all day. Could have done without the ECO lecture that went along with it, but it was still a great adventure. After paying $89 buck/head for this excursion of 3 hours, asking for donations at the end was kind of distasteful. They make plenty on the tour fee and sourveniors you buy without having to ask for donations at the end. Shopping on St. Thomas was haggle city. I don't like shopping and having people try to smoke screen me or dazzle me with their brilliance. High pressure doesn't begin to discribe some of these people. Good deals to be had if you can get past the bull.
Read 3,413 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 04/02/09
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Eurodam Review
Eurodam Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?