“Other than sinking, it could not be worse”
Cruise review of Holland America Eurodam

ratlpn Eurodam 1 Other than sinking, it could not be worse
ratlpn
Member Since 2009
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We decided for our 32nd anniversary to take a cruise on a different cruiseline then we usually go on. Royal Caribbean is our usual choice. Anyway I searched online ALOT and read ALOT and finally decided to go on Holland America. WHAT A MISTAKE!! Well out of 4 ports we got to visit 3 and on the fourth one all excursions were cancelled. Oh but we got $12.11 and a free glass of champagne. Well if you don't drink then WHOOPIE!!! Everything that was done on board, exercise, wine tasting, mineral pool, and so on was a charged for it.

The room steward was horrible. My husband had a little cut on his foot, bled a little on the bottom sheet, well it became our top sheet the next day. We never got clean sheets, they were just rearranged. I purchased a coke card to get cokes on board without further charge, well the diningroom and the buffet on the Lido deck told me, We cant accept those here. I finally, after paying for about 8 cokes, went to the front office and told them, and I got, "get a name". Well that is not my job I am there on vacation.

The food is the only thing that I can say we really enjoyed on board. We don't drink, so maybe this is why we had such a bad time. It looked like if you drank, you had a super time. Anyway on this cruise, I can tell you that we were not the only unhappy ones. People all over the ship were complaining. If Holland America offered us a free cruise, I would decline. This is how bad I feel about this cruiselines. It has some of the most uncaring staff that I have seen on any cruise ship. I could go on & on endlessly. I would never recommend Holland America to anyone. I was told that this was the Cadillac of cruiselines, Well give me a Buick Park Ave Ultra anytime!!

Eurodam Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

sy6098
Good balcony, Poor use of space, Poor room stewards.

Port
San Juan is the place to be. I would recommend anyone to go to this port for sure. Just don't go on Holland America. This is a very pretty place. Go to Old San Juan and go to the Old San Juan Hotel, it is something to see.

Read 2,274 San Juan Reviews
Port
This is another pretty place to go. Lots of open air market shopping. If you like to shop like I like to shop then this is a super place to go also. There are alot of excursion on this port also, but we did not book any as we were not even sure we would make it there. We missed one port and all excursions were cancelled on another.
Read 3,412 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 04/01/09
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Eurodam Review
Eurodam Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?