Eurodam Cruise Review by ratlpn

Member Name: ratlpn
Cruise Date: March 2009
Cabin Category: sy

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Other than sinking, it could not be worse
We decided for our 32nd anniversary to take a cruise on a different cruiseline then we usually go on. Royal Caribbean is our usual choice. Anyway I searched online ALOT and read ALOT and finally decided to go on Holland America. WHAT A MISTAKE!! Well out of 4 ports we got to visit 3 and on the fourth one all excursions were cancelled. Oh but we got $12.11 and a free glass of champagne. Well if you don't drink then WHOOPIE!!! Everything that was done on board, exercise, wine tasting, mineral pool, and so on was a charged for it.

The room steward was horrible. My husband had a little cut on his foot, bled a little on the bottom sheet, well it became our top sheet the next day. We never got clean sheets, they were just rearranged. I purchased a coke card to get cokes on board without further charge, well the diningroom and the buffet on the Lido deck told me, We cant accept those here. I finally, after paying for about 8 cokes, went to the front office and told them, and I got, "get a name". Well that is not my job I am there on vacation.

The food is the only thing that I can say we really enjoyed on board. We don't drink, so maybe this is why we had such a bad time. It looked like if you drank, you had a super time. Anyway on this cruise, I can tell you that we were not the only unhappy ones. People all over the ship were complaining. If Holland America offered us a free cruise, I would decline. This is how bad I feel about this cruiselines. It has some of the most uncaring staff that I have seen on any cruise ship. I could go on & on endlessly. I would never recommend Holland America to anyone. I was told that this was the Cadillac of cruiselines, Well give me a Buick Park Ave Ultra anytime!!

Publication Date: 04/01/09