Regatta Cruise Review by Tomjadg: Journey to Iberia.... a very mixed review.

Tomjadg
Member Since 2008

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Regatta Transatlantic Cruises

Journey to Iberia.... a very mixed review.

Sail Date: March 2009
Destination: Transatlantic

Embarkation was quick and easy. First, let me say that the ship was beautiful, clean, and the perfect size.

Every employee was polite, kind, and always had a greeting as you walked by. Service in all areas was outstanding.

We started by me being sick the first two days (not motion sickness) and stayed in bed not to give others my severe cold, then needing two more to recover. Good timing by me on that. Wednesday through Sunday was 5 straight days of bad weather and high seas. Although we do not get sea sick, the constant holding on and keeping balance was tiring. Try to take a shower in a rocking phone booth while you hold on with one hand. But that's a chance you take on a TA.

The food was excellent overall, and the open dining was great. We enjoyed Toscana the most, and he kindly got us in several extra nights when I asked when the doors opened. The one downside was the coffee was terrible. It made Starbucks taste weak. Same coffee used on the More whole ship. I never get a good iced tea on a cruise, so I order tea with a glass of ice, and make my own fresh.

The entertainment was based on the average age of 70 of the passengers, but there could have been some more current soft music, and not so much 30's and 40's stuff.

The band was very good, as well as the string quartet on deck 5 by the shops each day.

The guest speaker, Dr. Roger Cartwright, was excellent. He gave a number of talks ranging from the history of cruising, battles at sea, and truths about the Titanic. They were interesting and he was a good speaker.

The library was great, with a nice selection of books.

Disembarkation was quick and easy, but we were the first off to get to the airport to begin our 23 straight hours of either being in the air, or in an airport. Arrghhhh!

Oceania was a nice change from other cruise lines with the open seating, no kids, and relaxation. But 8 straight days at sea are a bit much. Less

Read more Regatta cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Regatta Review >>

Cabin review: Regatta 6007

The shower was small, but at 6'3 250 lbs. I found that it served the purpose. Nice veranda. The cabin was over the lounge, so you can hear the music during the show, but it was usually over by 10:30 P.M.

This was a very nice visit to a beautiful island. A taxi driver offered us a 2 hour tour for 100 euros, which we took him up on. He was excellent, and the tour was great, taking us all over the island with stops at key locations for photo ops. We walked the main street at the end and shopped.