Noordam Cruise Review by jimhotl: Quality and Consistency

Compare Prices on Noordam Southern Caribbean Cruises

Quality and Consistency

Sail Date: March 2009
Destination: Southern Caribbean

I am in my early 40's and this was my 16 cruise. I have sailed on every line with the exception of the smaller very upscale lines like Regent.

HAL seems to always impress in the areas of food and service. I enjoy good food and expect good service. They are just simply at the top. The dining rom service is superior, the food excellent. The LIDO is a strong point at HAL vs other lines. The food is very good with new dishes everyday, including breakfast. Cinammon swirl french toast, banana pancakes, 5 different styles of eggs benedict, made to order omelets. This much variety is not available on other ships and breakfast usually gets bland and redundant. At night, 95% of the regular dining menu is served at the LIDO. If your mission is to relax and not sit in a formal environment that evening, the LIDO is a welcome change without sacrificing food choices.

The overall ship is nice. Public rooms are similar to other ships.

Cabins are similar to other More ships, with the exception of the suites. The suites are very large. But, put me in a regular class cabin and it is difficult to tell the difference from any other line.

The cabin stewards did a nice job. They didn't take over the hallways with their buckets and carts. They just quietly did their job. We saw our steward once, but you could tell he was always paying attention.

Yes the age of the passengers is older. But undoubtably with all those years comes some smarts. And the seniors are clearly going where the service is. If you can stand the fact that the ship goes to bed early, there is a benefit to traveling with HAL.

Ever get on a ship and wonder why they do things which end up as an obvious stupid procedure. I was beginning to believe waiting in line to get on or off the ship was derived from a higher purpose. I was thinking towel policeman was now a career choice on some lines. Grabbing deck chairs has become a sport requiring being able to leap a chair in a single bound. Lines in the LIDO were becoming a place to meet up, because eventually you would all be there waiting for food. And I thought dining room service was being stretched out to two hours for my enjoyment. NOT THIS CRUISE. The crew/mgt had really taken the time to smooth out the usual frustrations and logistics around the ship. Never did I see a line of more than two people. Never did we wait for no reason. Never did we lack for service. AND that may our week so much more relaxing and enjoying. Less

Read more Noordam cruise reviews >>