Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by triplerr

Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Pearl
Member Name: triplerr
Cruise Date: January 2009
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Mixed feelings about the Pearl, likely was food poisioned
The Good: Nice rooms, great beds and very friendly room cleaning staff, A+. Entertainment, activities and shows, B+ we really enjoyed #1 Sharkbait, #2 Second City and #3 Dance Reviews. Nice cafeteria food selection, if I wanted to eat healthy/fresh meals there was at least two options at every sitting. The coffee and desert selection was top notch. The ship itself was stunning and easy to navigate. The casino coupon book, don't bother with the slot coupons, those slots are tighter than....fill in the blank, the free ace and $5 match play at the table games paid for at least one family excursion, make sure to bet the max with the free ace.

The Bad: I believe I was food poisoned. The cruse line tried putting the blame on Noro, but my wife and I were very close every every day prior to the onset of my symptoms. If this supposedly highly contagious virus is transmitted through contact, she would definitely got it. Paid restaurant food quality, C+ at best, a lot of the food being served at the free and mid priced restaurants is simply recycled dishes from the main cafeteria. I didn't find much value in those dining experiences.

Lastly, a comment on the cave tubing in Belize, not worth it. We went with Cavetubing.com, the guys who own and run the service were great; they were funny, informative and safety conscious, if you plan to do this, book through them. But, the time it takes to drive out to the caves combined with the cost and what you actually see/do, makes this a very weak excursion. I would use the funds on the Pirates Zip Line excursion again, the 1500 foot span was thrilling. FYI, this is not the place where the passenger from the Norwegian Pearl died last year after falling from the zipline. The story we got from our guide was: she was booked though the Norwegian Pearl and the line broke when the guide tried to help a woman who was stuck in the middle of the span.

Overall, it was a OK experience, I really believe I was food poisoned and for that fact I will try out a similar competitor on my next cruise.

Publication Date: 03/26/09