Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by newbiecruiserandhooked

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by newbiecruiserandhooked
Norwegian Spirit
Cabin Category: IE
Public Rooms 5+
        Under 3 5+
        3-6 5+

Loved the NCL Spirit for Spring Break!
We had a great time, cruising in a group is the way to go. Always something to do and somebody else that wants to do the same thing.

We had 4 cabins all together. My mom and I were next to each other and between the 2 rooms all 3 kids slept both places different nights. My brother got a suite for him.wife and the 3 kids a cabin right across the hall. Everybody had plenty of space, was very impressed with the amount of closet space and the bathroom was nicer than expected!

The kids club was a huge hit with my kids. All 3 of them! They would usually attend each night after dinner from about 7-9pm. The staff was excellent and always so friendly and loved being with kids from what we could see. If it wasn't really fun, my kids would not have been so excited each night!

Our FAVORITE port was Belize city...we did cave tubing and had the BEST guides ever. Don't book thru the ship, they had 1 guide for about 50 people (on your own) and you can't take kids under 12. With www.cave-tubing.com we booked and they had us in 2 groups of 10...one guide for each 10 people! Our kids were on our tubes with us. Totally safe and slow river but even more safe with a guide for each 10 people. Slow easy going river, not scary! My kids enjoyed it and we did too, what a fun day! The people in Belize were the most enjoyable we encountered on the trip, we want to vacation there next year!

Our least fav port was Costa Maya. Don't buy souvenirs there, SO HIGH! Crazy high prices (sun block $18!) and I gave a lady a $20 for 2 cokes and she acted like I gave her a $10 but I caught it right away and she was still holding my $20 and acted all "Sorry" but 2 other people in our group had the same thing happen there...be careful!

Guatemala was fun...went to the day at Aramatique, was great. Booked thru the boat and enjoyed it. A fun family day. Lots of water slides and pool swimming. Kids had a fun day and we did too. Relaxing and a nice lunch was included. recommend!

Loved the ship, Cagney's steak house was worth every single penny of the upcharge, loved it! Wonderful food and the best wait staff. The Asian, so-so, and the Italian...so-so.

Our first cruise and we will be going again, what a wonderful way to vacation! Our spring break was 1 week earlier than most so it wasn't crazy crowded...the boat was nice and we had a great time and the staff was all super friendly. Just one photo guy wasn't but maybe he was having a bad day!

We parked our car at the offsite port parking http://www.nocruiseshipparking.com/ WONDERFUL and very secure, unlike the port parking we heard lots of break ins happen there since the crooks know you are gone for a week!

Enjoy your trip! Kari