Carnival Legend Cruise Review by lweeza: Carnival Legend - Eastern Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Legend - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: June 2004
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was my second cruise on Carnival's Legend. We sailed on a weekday, which made a huge difference in the arrival at the pier and in the debarkation process. The traffic jams were nonexistent, and though the lines were long for pre-boarding, it was a smooth process.

I had booked an inside guarantee stateroom, & was placed in 6265. Cabin was roomy enough, and comfortable. These rooms are VERY dark, and I never knew what time of day it was. I did miss having a window or balcony. Also, this was my first cruise sailing solo. If anyone has doubts about sailing single, give it a try. The environment is very safe. My husband couldn't join me, and I missed him, but the whole experience was delightful.

I was seated with three other solo cruisers in my age group. They were so nice, and we had a nice time together. Without such lovely tablemates, the trip could have been very different.

Food: Buffet choices were different daily, excellent food. 24 hour a day More FRESH pizza, and ice cream. Hamburgers, french fries, and hot dogs with all the trimmings are served at the central pool. Dinners were good, and we were served lobster, prime rib, steaks, fresh salmon, pasta, and great chilled soups during the week. I was surprised that more people did not attend the Captain's cocktail party, drinks were complementary and hors d'oeuvres were plentiful and good.

Music on board ranged from Jazz to Classical, from Oldies singalongs to Karaoke. Afternoon tea was served in a lounge two times, but wasn't a high tea. Shows were good, and the cruise director was very entertaining. The ship is large enough that I never felt crowded, and there were always deck chairs available by one pool or another even though the ship was fully booked. Carnival could add another beverage waiter by the rear pool, for the service was slow. Room service was very prompt, and I must say the happy crew made this sailing what it was. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>