Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Ohiogirl704: First Time Cruise Passenger's impression

Ruby Princess 4
Ohiogirl704
Member Since 2009
0 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

First Time Cruise Passenger's impression

Sail Date: March 2009

My husband and I have always been cautious about taking a cruise, for one we don't like planned activities and another I get awful motion sickness. Anyway, we decided to try a cruise for Spring Break on Princess based on recommendations from friends whose children really enjoyed the kid's program.

We took a taxi to the Port at 1:30 and were in our cabin within about 15 minutes.

We had a mini-suite on Dolphin, which was very nice with plenty of room for all three of us. The balcony has little privacy, because the other decks can see onto the Dolphin deck, but I think that may be the price for having a mini-suite room.

The Kid zone was well staffed and the program seemed to have a lot of activities for those days at sea. My son was excited about attending the program until toward the end of the trip and by then he was burnt out on going off to camp (he comes by this honestly).

The food in the dining rooms was generally good with More some meals very good. The service was excellent. We had dinner in the Crown Grill as well and thought that meal well worth the extra price. The Horizon buffet and Caribe buffet were at best fair and I would suggest either the pizza at the pool or the International cafe instead of the buffets. The pastries at the International cafe were exceptional in the morning and that was where we had breakfast most days.

We went on two excursions, Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. At Cozumel, we took a taxi into town to do some shopping, which was fine.

As to the motion sickness, it was fine except for going through the Straits of Florida on both sides of the trip. I had a patch on for the first half of the trip and used children's bonine for the return trip. Less

Published 03/22/09

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: BA Balcony

Read All Balcony (BA) Reviews >>

We had a wonderful time going to a beach and relaxing in Grand Cayman.

In Jamaica, we went on the sail and snorkel excursion, which was a great short trip. I did not enjoy the constant barrage, of 'want a braid?, 'how about a necklace?' on the boat, but I suspect that is the nature of the excursions in Jamaica.

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

Ohiogirl704
Member Since 2009
0 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X