Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by scream1140: First cruise

First cruise

Sail Date: March 2009
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

This was my first cruise as well as my mother's. This cruise was an amazing way to spend our Spring Break! We embarked from San Juan, Puerto Rico, and were on the boat in under 15 minutes (would have been shorter but we forgot to get our sea passes). We got on the ship pretty early, so there weren't many people aboard. We were greeted as soon as we got onto the boat with complimentary mimosas and champagne. One of the staff members took our bags from us and brought us to our room so that we wouldn't get lost.

The room we stayed in was one of the best rooms we have ever stayed in. It was very clean, not the biggest room ever but it was comfortable. The shower was surprisingly big and there was plenty of room to move around in. We had an oceanview room and the window was much bigger than I imagined it would be. We had a wonderful room attendant named Meriam and our room was cleaned at least two times a day. She even folded my clothes, put all of my things away, and left me More towel animals on my bed.

We had the late dinner seating(which was at 8:30), we were apprehensive about the assigned seating arrangements and sitting with strangers. It turned out very well though. I am 20 and seemed to be one of the few young people on board, but Celebrity made sure to seat us with two families that had children my age. I think due to this, my mother and I made lifelong friends. Our waiter and waiter's assistant took great care of us every single night. The food was some of the best I have ever had, they changed the menu every night, but had a separate menu to choose from if you didn't like the menu for the night. Also, there was the Waterfall Cafe and Grill which was buffet style and equally as delicious. I couldn't believe the service either.

There was always something happening on the ship, not all of it geared toward my age group though. We were a little disappointed by that, but there was plenty for older age groups.

Overall, I don't think I would ever cruise with another cruise line after experiencing this one. I would recommend this ship to anyone and everyone. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>