Carnival Victory 5

“Carnival Victory - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Victory

mswerthit

Overall Member Rating

Both myself and my husband cruise very frequently, even more so now that we are retired. We are both in our 50s. Carnival was on my "don't go there" list, having been on one cruise prior to this, and swearing never again. My friends got us a great deal, and I was forced to go (literally screaming and kicking).I went with a very negative attitude. What a surprise. This was probably one of my favorite cruises of all time.

I do not go on cruises for food, however, the food was definitely good. They even had a Chinese buffet for lunch. The private restaurant rivaled any good one in Manhattan or Boca Raton.

The ages of the people surprised me the most as I expected mostly young people. It turned out to be people our age in the majority.

We were down for an obstructed view balcony, but were upgraded to one with a view. The ship is laid out great, with restaurants and shops on the 2 lower levels, and rooms on the upper decks. Easy to find your way around. More

The disco played music that we enjoyed and could dance to. They also had several other rooms playing different varieties for everyone's taste.

The ports of calls stunk. No two ways about it. So if you are going for that stay away from Belize, Costa Rico and Panama. There is really nothing there for you but to shop.

However, if you are going just to get away, this is one great trip. The Gym was high tech, but machines did keep breaking down. They ran internet specials, making it easy to stay in touch with business and home. I am planning to go on the sister ship The Legend.

Anyone reading this that has been on that ship, please email me at mswerthit@aol.com, and let me know how that rates up. Less

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Published 06/28/04

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?