MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by Tobyhilda: WOW...WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on MSC Orchestra Eastern Caribbean Cruises

WOW...WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE

Sail Date: February 2009

After 25 cruises, I believe I am qualified to express my opinion(Not my husband's...because he is a Negative Person)...

Yes, I had a great time. Although, advertised, as Baseball Greats..I did not sign up for this reason..however, I enjoyed every lecture and movie and discussion with all the Baseball "OldTimers"..They call me "The Philly Girl""What a pleasant surprise"

The shows, not were only OUTSTANDING,but the greatest shows I have ever seen, on any of my previous 24 cruises...Every evening, we all gave a standing ovation,,,Bravo, Bravo... (Even my husband gave a standing ovation, once in a while).. These productions were worth at least $90.00 to $100.00 at any live theatre, in Ft Lauderdale Fla, or Phila Pa.

As far as sanitation was concerned, OUTSTANDING..One of the cleanest ships we ever experienced. 24 hours a day, workers were cleaning and polishing all brass railings, elevators, Purell Hand Sanitizer in every station where there was More food..

As far as Casino was concerned, I feel there should have been more than 5 PENNY SLOT MACHINES..There were plenty of 25 cent and $ machines, however, with 3000 people on board there should have been more PENNY SLOT MACHINES....

The food was ample, not gourmet (We did NOT go to Gourmet Chinese Restaurant and did NOT go to Four Seasons Gourmet Restaurant),,,as seniors, we did not feel it was necessary,,, however, we ate mostly all our meals in dining room, never went hungry..We hardly ate at Buffet...very crowded, difficult to move around, long lines, and narrow areas, and of course, very noisy..

Embarkation was efficient and quick. Not more than 15 minutes, and we were in our cabin. Disembarkation, was just as efficient...No problems..You had to vacate cabin at 7AM, but they did serve breakfast in dining room and buffet...

My suggestions for future cruises,,,MSC take note,,,very little activity during day..Yes, they had a few childish games at pool area, but not enough,,,

Yes, the price was right, for this cruise, excellent weather(except for winds of 40 miles an hour, no fault of MSC) however,,the Islands were not of the most desirable, Nassau closed on Sunday,,Antigua, St John, arrived 5PM, stores all closed, and stayed til 11PM.why would anyone walk streets in darkness,,St MARTIN only a few hours, and the most disappointing Island of Dom Rep..Maybe next time, MSC will get a better time slots.

Again, THIS CRUISE WAS A PLEASANT SURPRISE, would I go again on MSC , Caribbean, maybe yes, maybe no...Tobyhilda Less

Read more MSC Orchestra cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Orchestra Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Orchestra 15024

Wow, what a nighmare,,our original cabin # 12175, was terrible..The vibration of motors below, were the worst..Our bed vibrated all night..My husband walked around ship at 1AM in morning...Finally, the chief housekeeper changed our cabin to 15024..Thank God