Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Azreal911

Cruise Date: February 2009
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Dining 5+

Our first cruise ever, quite a fun adventure!
This was my first time going on a cruise so we chose celebrity summit mostly on the itinerary and the least amount of bad reviews here.

Our stateroom was an interior cabin on the third floor and the room was always clean our stateroom guy was the best, Clifton seems to always know when we head for breakfast like 6am in the morning and by the time we return the bed is made and the bathroom is dried up and clean! The staff is very nice they always say hello to us whenever we pass. We never sat long enough in the rooms to utilize any window or balcony since we always went out on excursions or walks around town whenever we port. I'm just not into wasting away a cruise sitting in my room this is the same with hotel rooms on our other adventures, we're just there to sleep to be in it any longer, you might as well just stay at home.

As for food I was hearing from my co workers cruising alot that the buffet food and the dining room food is usually the same. This is sooo not the case with the summit because the dining room food in the cosmopolitan was really good our waitress Sara was amazing and very fun to chat with, she actually tries bits of all the food every evening in the kitchen and could tell us what's good and what's not and explains how it's made and what's in it. Not all the wait staff do that when I asked other guests on board. Every night after a whole day out i'm always looking forward to dinner here. We've Only had the buffet dinner the first night (usual pizza and pasta bars but it's 12am) because US airways delayed us soo bad (extra 6 hrs hanging around Philly airport from a connecting flight) that by the time our flight and bus rushed us to the boat they pulled the gangplank right after we boarded! and this was a 11pm cruise time! half the people from that flight couldn't get their luggage cause we where rushed to go. It was nice for the help desk on board to give the people free tshirts and a toiletry kit to get through the first night for the ones without their luggage until the first port in st maarten.

The ship to me looks clean and our room is in good condition didn't get any funny odors or anything. We never really used the pool areas cause every time we port we where out and about already on the island (we're in our 30's so we don't sit around the boat alot). The dinner was always a plus and the entertainment after the dinner was ok as far as those musical type shows go. There was live bands in a few of the bars at night and once a day you get a lightning trivia game to win summit swag. Their stores area is a small area with probably 8 stores, nothing really for me to buy unless you want more trinkets than the stuff you see on your port visits. I even sat through an art auction during the at sea day since I didn't need anymore sun top side, my sunburn marks is pretty much showing me as "well done". It was neat sitting in an art gallery while they explain everything about the history of the artists as they bring up the art one at a time for like 2 hrs. That's if you are into that type of thing else there's the pool and a gym topside. I'm not sure what these people are on using the gym cause we where exhausted daily coming back from the excursions.

This boat was full of seniors mostly north americans and a few latino's probably from puerto rico they where pretty quiet ones mostly young adults. Most of the tourists where polite except for a few occasions I see an angry old caucasian like yelling and swearing at the help as if they should know everything and they deserve everything they ask for. These guys they are yelling at are not managers just the help staff that probably knows about their role but not everything on the ship. All I can say is lighten up! they're not highly paid individuals and working their butt off to make a living! Funny thing the young people where the polite ones and actually smile/chat in the elevators.

One thing we found crazy was the alcohol pricing they charge like $7 US for a glass of wine or any beer! Kinda crazy cause bar on land don't charge anything like this. They just rake you through the coals on this. The martinis are like almost $10. We don't really drink so that's ok but ask for a bottle of evian and it's $4. For some I've seen that drink 2-3 glasses just from dinner it's going to easily run up the price of the cruise alone by the end of the week.

The free drinks are water, iced tea (american style), orange drink and some other fruit drinks (the watered down stuff not real juice). At least they had coffee and tea so I was cool with that.

Publication Date: 03/15/09