Celebrity Century Cruise Review by professionalcruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Century Cruise Review by professionalcruiser
Celebrity Century
Celebrity Century
Member Name: professionalcruiser
Cruise Date: January 2009
Cabin Category: b
See More About: Celebrity Century Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Quiet time of the Century
Exceptionally clean and elegant ship. The service is fantastic, everyone went out of their way to be helpful and courteous. Dining service is top notch, too bad we had to skip three nights in the main dining room - our table companions were so painfully boring. But it was OK with us, there is a wonderful quiet sushi counter with the best sushi I had in a long long while.

We certainly did not expect a roll away bed for a third member of my party. It was placed in the middle of the cabin with no space to maneuver at all. The mattress was brutal, we had to send for more blankets for padding. On other ships there was a bunk bed which was more fun and less taken up space. Also the cabin is on the deck 10 right under the buffet, so the stuff was dropped constantly over our heads well into the night and very early in the morning. The walls between cabins are paper thin, so the adult show next door was a "vivid diversion", we simply left for an hour to have tea on deck 11 to avoid the sound effects.

Quietness of the ship was something to get used to, sometimes I had an eerie feeling that I am the only one on board. On the other hand quiet is what I needed, no constant intercom announcements, no bingo pushing or silly contests. Absolutely no pressures whatsoever. Pleasant neutral music on pool deck, nature sounds in the spa, retro in the lounges.

Evening entertainment reminded me of shows kids had in high school, but I found the entertainment tolerable, those kids tried a lot. As far as organized activities there was close to nil, and it was fine with me. No loud party atmosphere on the pool deck either, no drunken laughter or rowdy behavior that comes with it, those who like to party and loud drunks should go on Carnival.

Also another blessing, there was not a lot kids on this voyage, no running underfoot, no whining or yelling, no kids in the pool or a hot tub. It was a relief. This ship is not for families with small kids, or big kids for that matter either. There is simply nothing to do for them. And it was great for me, no irritating disruptions.

Most guests it seemed were well over the age of 60, and it suited me nicely. Everyone were so well dressed and polite. Was wonderful to watch the aged couples dance to the retro tunes in the Crystal room.

What I liked the best about this cruise: Celebrity Century the ship, people who work on board, spotlessness, service, Persian Garden spa, towels, genteel guests, no kids, no loudness, understated elegance of the entire Celebrity experience.

What I liked the least was leaving this wonderful oasis. This was a cruise number 28 for me and one of the best ones. Thank you Celebrity Century.

Publication Date: 03/14/09