Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by howietn

Cabin Category: 6c
Cabin Number: u54
Dining 5+

Carnival Perfection
This review is a little late but we sailed out of Tampa on the Inspiration in May 2008. This was my fourth cruise with Carnival and my father's first cruise. We decided to do the guy thing and leave the wives at home. We arrived at the port around 1000 am and were on the ship around 1145 am. Embarkation was a breeze. The first thing we did was get a large hamburger on the lido deck and then off to explore the ship. I think at this point it started to sink in for my father what an awesome trip this would be. The evolution of fun upgrades were very nice on the ship. The water park is awesome as well as the serenity adults only area. The waterpark didn't take up as much room on the back of the deck as I thought it would. That usually is my favorite spot because the main pool gets so crowded. We were allowed to go directly to our room and drop off our carry on bags which was very nice. We didn't' get to do that on the Sensation so that was a nice touch. The boat drill was quick and painless and we set sail at 4:30 right on schedule. We had the early seating in the dining room so we missed going under the famous skyway bridge in Tampa Bay. The funnel only clears the bridge by several feet. It takes forever to get out of the Bay and into open water. I didn't realize that we would be finished with dinner before hitting the open sea!! The dining staff in the Mardi Gras dining room were fabulous. We had Torcado and Ricky who were lots of fun and very personal. We always had great food and great service. I wont ramble too long about the ship but it's all good. The crew members were the best yet. They all spoke to us and even talked with us when they had time. This was a far better experience than I had several years ago on the Glory. The cruise director Felipe did a good job. The ship was full and it never felt crowded.

Grand Cayman was awesome. It takes a while to get off in Cayman because of the tenders but they do the best they can. We went to Margaritaville in both Grand Cayman and Cozumel and had a good time. If you want an awesome five day cruise you will not go wrong on the Inspiration. If you have already booked then you should look forward to it. I loved it so much and so did my father so we are going back in May 2009 on the Inspiration!!! My wife and brother are going with us this time!!! Just remember, Have fun!!!

Publication Date: 03/14/09