Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Mid West Gal: So glad I did this cruise!!!

Mid West Gal
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

So glad I did this cruise!!!

Sail Date: February 2009
Destination: Bahamas

GETTING TO THE SHIP: We had booked a hotel room that had a shuttle to the ships which turned out to be very convenient. The lines to check in were not long at all, which has been a problem on the other cruise line I have been on. Total time from getting to the ship to being on the ship was about 15 or 20 minutes.

EMBARKATION: We were greeted with glasses of champagne and we began to look for a place to eat some lunch, but everything was really crowded.

CABIN: We booked the smallest room, but fit our needs perfectly. It was kept clean, and towels were replaced daily. The second night, our bathroom light burnt out, but was fixed the next morning. We always had ice, and every night our bed would be turned down and we would find two mints. Three nights we had towel animals, which from what I have heard some people didn't get any.

FOOD: The first night we ate at II Adagio, which the service was great. I highly recommend eating here one night of your More cruise. The second night we ate at the buffet, which was not very good at all. Trying to get a hamburger was almost impossible. (Breakfast buffets were nasty!)I ended up ordering room service, which was a lot better. It would have been nice to have more options for lunch after coming back from the shore excursions since the dining areas closed right before we got back to the ship so we had to wait a couple of hours for dinner. The third night we ate at the Crossing dining room, and from what I had heard, it was extremely slow. I don't think we were in there no more than 45 minutes total and the food was really good. The last night we ate at the steakhouse and for the cover charge, I don't think it was worth it. Overall, the food and service on this ship was great, and I am the most pickiest person when it comes to food!!

ACTIVITIES: Can't really say anything on this one since we really didn't do too much, except for the comedy show and the broad way show, which were both okay.

SHIP: This ship is not as bad as what I thought it would be. I constantly saw people cleaning and doing maintenance and the decor wasn't too bad although it did still have the Hawaiian theme.

DISEMBARKATION: We signed up for the Miami Everglades tour since our flight wasn't til 4PM and I am glad we did that. It only took a few minutes to get off the ship and get our luggage, maybe ten or fifteen at the most. However, we got to cut in line since we did the tour. It looked kinda crazy for everybody else getting off by themselves.

OVERALL: For the price I paid, I can't complain. Would I do it again? Yes. Would I recommend it? Yes. Don't let a bad review stop you from trying it. You won't know until you try it yourself!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 9348

We had the smallest cabin you could get...no view, no chair. Just a bed and a shower basically. The closet was suffice for what we needed, and it was kept clean. We were next to a room where they brought dirty dishes and it was a little noisy at times, but not enough to bother us. The second night on the ship our bathroom light went out, but the next day after out excursion it was fixed.

My husband and I decided to do the Lucayan National Park Kayak Experience at this port. Locating the meeting spot off the ship was a little confusing-I think they need to organize this a little better. As for the kayaking itself-wish I had a little practice beforehand. Actually, one couple in our group tipped and another couple in a different group did too. After a 90 minute trip thru the mangroves, we had a light lunch, which wasn't too bad, and went for a swim. Would have been a great day except for the fact I cut my foot on glass that was on the beach.
Read 773 Freeport Reviews

Getting off this ship was easier than Freeport. You don't have to take a taxi into town-the shopping is just a short walk. My husband and I did the Stingray and Snorkel excursion and it was so worth it. However, we did have to wait forever for a boat to take us to Blackbeard's Cay, so we got to stay a little longer on the island. After we returned, we changed and went thru some of the shops and they were extremely crowded.
Read 2614 Nassau Reviews