Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by STodd

Destination: Bahamas
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Norwegian Sky - What a cruise
The Norwegian Sky was a pleasant surprise after reading many of the reviews on this thread. Overall the Sky was a nice ship. Very easy to get around. The decor was simply fabulous.

Enjoyed the Plantation Bar very much. Thanks to those who mentioned in their review the 2 for 1 martini's. Great tip. The martini's were great and so were the people who were taking advantage of this opportunity. The music was perfect for the mood of this crowd.

The food was good. I appreciated the fact that I didn't have to cook. There was so much choice that I don't see how anyone could complain about the food. We did not go into the specialty restaurants. The Palace and The Crossings were fine. The waitstaff was excellent. Shared interesting information about their homelands very educational. The bar-b-que was good as were the buffets. I am not crazy about buffets but again there was something for everyone, even me. The omelets and waffles were made to order in Longboards excellent.

The shows were very energetic and entertaining. I did not expect such quality on a cruise ship. I wish there was more game show type shows. They had a few but only 3 people or couples could participate. They were a lot of fun to watch but I would have liked the opportunity to play. I am not into Bingo or gambling so I cannot comment on that. My husband and I especially liked the bands and singers. One young man from the Philippines was very good. Had a wonderful repertoire of music. Enjoyed his last show in Captain's Cooks lounge. There is truly something for everyone.

The ports were interesting. We were not able to tender to Great Stirrup Cay but that was ok. Enjoyed the day on the ship. My husband, who is 51, played volleyball with a great group of people of all ages and genders. Everyone had a great time and seemed to enjoy playing with such a diverse group of people. I enjoyed watching!! The pools were great. People seemed to like the hot tubs. Very hard to get in one as people stayed for longer than they should. (that is my only real complaint). The music by the pools was truly entertaining very festive.

Loved the workout area. Lots of people working out. I generally went for about 45 min. a day. Went to one stretching class. That was good. Would have liked to have done more classes but couldn't fit it in my schedule!! and that is not a complaint. Just not enough time in the day.

All in all I cannot say enough positive things in regards to this cruise. I have cruised before on another ship and have to say that this cruise met my expectations. The biggest different between Norwegian and Carnival are the size of the cabins. Carnival has the edge there. However, since my husband were very rarely in our cabin (isn't the point of a cruise to get out and enjoy the activities and people?) this was not a big deal.

Publication Date: 03/12/09