Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by MAUGUWI: Mardi Gras on the Spirit Oh What Fun We had!!!

MAUGUWI
Member Since 2008

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

Mardi Gras on the Spirit Oh What Fun We had!!!

Sail Date: February 2009
Embarkation: New Orleans

We had a Group Of 30 people with us for this Cruise range from ages 2-89 and everyone had a Great time! We Rented Limos to get us to the Ship from Slidell. Which was a great! We arrived at the Port at about 11:45 and we were able to start the embarkation right away. We were on the Ship in no time. We walked around the ship in till the rooms were ready and that was about 2:00 They had lots of thing to do and see on the ship and it was just to Cold to get back off and walk around at the Pier! The Welcome Champagne was a nice touch! Our Luggage was in our rooms by 5:00 and Our Room Stewart Ronald was the BEST!!! We ate in Windows the 1st night is was ok.

Monday we had a really fun day we did Martini Tasting!! And we had our Cruise Critic Meet and Greet! Where we were able to meet some key staff people! This came in Handy they were Really Nice! I like Monique the Best! She is the Head of the restaurants. She was so Very Sweet!! Always Smiling! We also had our Group Cocktail More Party which was a lot of Fun! With Lots of Free Drinks. The waiter was great and he kept up with our very large group and keep the drinks coming!

The Food in Windows was ok but I am a little spoiled living in Louisiana the food here is so Good and we use a lot of spices. The food could have used more flavor. The Food In Cagney's was the Very Best! Don't miss it!!!! Worth the extra $20.00 Bucks. The Italian Restaurant was also good! Worth the extra $10.00 Jazz Brunch was nice!

We also did Beer Tasting that was a lot of fun too! The Magic show was great the Kids loved it!

Kids Club was great the Kids loved it. They had lots of fun we had kids in all the groups and they all had only great things to say about the Crew!

Our Cabin was a inside on deck 9 (9207) is was a large inside cabin I liked it a lot! The 1st night we had a free vibrating bed. The engine made the bed vibrate all night. But after we were out of the River It was smooth sailing. The Beds are Really great I slept great! If you take naps doing the day not a good cabin for you. Kids Club must have been right above the little darling sounded like baby elephants! We don't nap so this was not a problem for us.

The Ship was Beautiful!! and Clean and the Staff was Wonderful!! We loved the Raffles Bar Tenders Roberto and Darwin. They Took Great Care of us!! My Husband now has 2 new best friends! They kept us laughing the Whole week and kept of beer bucket full!

Overall This was a Wonderful Vacation!! We all had A great Time and Really Enjoyed the Ship! I am glad I gave NCL a second Chance! My 1st Cruise with them Really Sucked and I said I would not get back on another NCL Ship But My TA told me they had made a lot of Changes and where much better! SHE WAS RIGHT!!! I am still not Crazy about Freestyle Dinning Because I like having the same waiter every night! They Spoil you! The Staff were all VERY NICE! Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Spirit 9207

9207 was a large inside cabin at the aft of the ship. Had some noise from Kid Club doing the day and some vibrating getting out of the River But other wise a great inside cabin!

We went with Major Tom For Zip lining! We had a Great time Zip Lining. The Bus ride was a little long for me about 1 1/2 hours . But the Kids had a great time. I liked the Zip line in Roatan much better. Major Tom was very nice so were the people working for him we did enjoy our self and would use him again in the future.

WE LOVE COSTA MAYA!!! We took a bus in to Town and Hung out all day at a place called El Faro. Emir was our Waiter and kept us Happy all Day! Beer were 6 for $10.00 and he brought us Chips and salsa all Day! I got a 1 hour Massage for $20.00 Bucks It was Great!!! The Kid and her Dad rode the Wave Runner for $20.00 for 30 mins. She loved it. The People selling in the shops were very nice!

(5.5)
WE LOVE COZUMEL!!! We went to Paradise Beach and had a great time the Kids Loved Everything about it! My Husband played Golf at Cozumel Country Club and Loved It! We also ate at Poncho's Backyard and it was great like always! We eat there every time we come to Cozumel. We also Shopped a bunch! and found lots of great deals! I bought a feather from a local painter it is beautiful it has a tiger painted on it! one of a kind! Can't wait to go back!!

Read 3123 Cozumel Reviews