Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by st.marks

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: BA
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
there are nut's out there
Just sailed the 4 night out of Miami Feb.23 to 27. The only disappointment was missing Grand Stirrup Cay due to rough waters.Other than that,it was a fabulous

What a breeze. Dropped the bags with a porter at 11.15, parked the car across the street, had a disabled placard, so parking was free. Don't try to use someone else's to cheat the system. It's just not right. Went back across and filled a simple health questionnaire while constantly moving in line to document check. Went through TSA screening, pictures, credit card info, room keys, and pictures and on the ship by 11.45 with champagne at the door.

FOOD

Since we, myself, wife, and son,(his birthday was the last day of the cruise, and for $109 for a third person in a balcony, it was a no-brainer),were balcony guests, we ate at the Palace, deck 5 mid ship, all the time. They cater to balcony roomers for breakfast and to sit down and avoid the buffet lines was the true FREE STYLE CRUISE. HEY, I.ve never had lamb shanks for lunch, let alone once for dinner, and here I am sitting in a quite dinning room, 12 noon, eating the shanks, looking over the port of Miami. GET A BALCONY AND EAT AT THE PALACE!! Nuff said.

BOOZE

Went too Walmart, bought a 12 pack of water in a semi shrinkwrapped tray. Carefully slipped out the bottles from the short end, filled the perimeter bottles with clear rum, and put them back in with the unsnapped capped bottles at the most noticeable places. Put those in my suitcase with a 12 pack of diet coke and a 15 oz. bottle of real lime juice, also available at the mart, and saved lot's of $$$$$$$. No problem what soever. At he ports , bought rum, put in water bottles and walked back on the ship, bottles in hand while we walked through the scanners. Every body walks with a water bottle. As a matter of fact ,when you debark the ship, you can purchase a bottle and official bottle carrier from NCL to make it totally foolproof!

FREE STYLE ATTITUDE

Loved the dress as you like, eat when you want program. just a hint, we are early eaters, so our strategy was a full breakfast, no lunch, and a 5;30 dinner. Never a line at the palace that time of the day and we were able to see the shows without a worry of dinner running late. But it's free style, so go right ahead and do what you wanna do because it's your vacation. Another hint, when we left the dinning room, the line was four wide all the way to the atrium

EXCURSIONS

We went on the glass bottom boat and saw fish and sharks. whoopee. The segway in Nassau is the thing to do. That gets 5 WHOOPEE'S. What a blast. But then again, it's free style, do what you do, love the one your with, and don't let the negative postings put an attitude in your head.

DEBARKATION

I had too much booze, cohibas out the yingyang, and they never looked at my passport. Lucky me. Just have a cruise to remember!

ONE MORE NOTE

The reason I posted this thread was after reading all the other posts, The little bits of info I gathered from all the pro's and con's from previous SKY,and NCL cruisers, made my trip so much easier to anticipate. For all who (whom) read this, please take the time to express your impressions of NCL cruising. Thank's , Harry St.Marks

Publication Date: 03/12/09